• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Using a Raspberry Pi as All-in-one pc?"

Collapse

• balton9
    replied
    I looked at this a few months ago for similar reason and came away with it being an uneconomical choice because of the base Pi that you get needs to be expanded to be useful. It's not worth it. Get a micro pc, Lenovo or something.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah but I saw some numpty got themselves banned for circumventing the swear filter. Duhhh I mean.. Who'd do that? Asterisks are as about as brave as I dare get nowadays.
    Eh up, Johnny Big Bo***cks is in.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    My nephew uses a Pi4 4GB running Raspbian for schoolwork and browsing and seems to be happy with it. It's connected to a 1080p screen so it's not having to work too hard and also runs Minecraft at a decent framerate.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Just without the asterisks :-)
    Yeah but I saw some numpty got themselves banned for circumventing the swear filter. Duhhh I mean.. Who'd do that? Asterisks are as about as brave as I dare get nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    FTFY
    Just without the asterisks :-)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh-oh. Open goal. Ahem.

"With your ****ing laptop, you are ****ing useless".
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    This is my laptop. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My laptop is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My laptop, without me, is useless. Without my laptop, I am useless.
    Oh-oh. Open goal. Ahem.

"With your laptop, you are useless".

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    F**k me, is this CUK or Mumsnet?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    My daughter uses a Raspberry Pi in a robot car. She uses it for a couple of other things via virtual desktop, but not for schoolwork.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think he's going for the full metal jacket look.

Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme 5404 i5 14" Notebook Windows 10 Pro

This is my laptop. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My laptop is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My laptop, without me, is useless. Without my laptop, I am useless.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Don't compound that view by having her seen using an ancient doorstop for a laptop.
    I think he's going for the full metal jacket look.

Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme 5404 i5 14" Notebook Windows 10 Pro

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    Good point, I'll order a nano wifi adapter from amazon.

Testmangler, she may get more bullying just for mentioning I am a contractor. After all premies seem to think we are scum
    Don't compound that view by having her seen using an ancient doorstop for a laptop.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    Maybe I should get her 2 Apple pro display monitors as well.
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Stop your WiFi adapter from "going to sleep" before you buy anything?

Locate your WLAN Adapter. Note: There is no one name for the WiFi card, so you will have to go through the list and look for something with "wireless," "802.11," or "WiFi" in the name. Click "Power Management" tab in the properties window. Uncheck the box of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

This should go some way to resolving the issue of the WiFi disconnection problem.

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    Good point, I'll order a nano wifi adapter from amazon.

Testmangler, she may get more bullying just for mentioning I am a contractor. After all premies seem to think we are scum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X