• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Web and e-mail hosting recommendations"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I've recently moved a site onto Web Hosting Services Crafted with Care - SiteGround due to just awful performance on the old host.

They aren't the cheapest, but they're not expensive either. They have an excellent reptuation and I'm very happy with the performance and featureset.

All my mail is through Office365 and I wouldn't have it any other way!
    That's exactly how I'm working nowadays - email in Office 365 all sites on Siteground.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I've recently moved a site onto Web Hosting Services Crafted with Care - SiteGround due to just awful performance on the old host.

They aren't the cheapest, but they're not expensive either. They have an excellent reptuation and I'm very happy with the performance and featureset.

All my mail is through Office365 and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Leave a comment:

• doconline
    replied
    How many mail boxes do you need?

I use gandi.net for my domains and you get a couple of mail boxes with the domain purchase / transfer and Netlify: All-in-one platform for automating modern web projects free package to host my portfolio website.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    Could be true, I've not really compared the market over the years.

Care to post a link then? Just a couple of mb of space, lets me point my domain name to them, runs a mail server to forward any mails that come in to my personal email account. You'd save me some money if you found that for £75 per year.
    Cheap Web Hosting: Fast, Reliable and Secure UK Hosting

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The link above is 27 quid a year plus 6 quid for the domain.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Unless that's oz dollars, you're paying about twice as much as you should be.
    Could be true, I've not really compared the market over the years.

Care to post a link then? Just a couple of mb of space, lets me point my domain name to them, runs a mail server to forward any mails that come in to my personal email account. You'd save me some money if you found that for £75 per year.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    15 years ago I needed the same thing and went with these guys
    ASP.NET hosting Cheap hosting Windows DotNetNuke host SQL WSS 2013 hosted web hoster VPS VDS free

Pretty simple, $100 per year. I'm sure there are newer and cooler solutions, but I've never had a reason to change.
    Unless that's oz dollars, you're paying about twice as much as you should be.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    15 years ago I needed the same thing and went with these guys
    ASP.NET hosting Cheap hosting Windows DotNetNuke host SQL WSS 2013 hosted web hoster VPS VDS free

Pretty simple, $100 per year. I'm sure there are newer and cooler solutions, but I've never had a reason to change.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    WordPress Hosting - EasyWP Managed WordPress - Namecheap

Namecheap are by far the cheapest and I've always been happy with them. ( not used wordpress on it though )

Leave a comment:

• rocketjet
    replied
    Office 365 for emails.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    started a topic Web and e-mail hosting recommendations

Web and e-mail hosting recommendations

Currently with Ionos. My website is very basic as it is really just for marketing.

I am getting rinsed by them - I wish to move my domains and webmail - who is a good bet?

Ionos have mucked about with my package and have an bewildering variety of invoices and rows on each and credit notes - it's a mess - I need something simple and reliable - nothing fancy.

Working...
X