• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remote working for multiple contracts"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    It might be over kill, but I have separate VM's for each client, that way if I have multiple VPN's to connect to their is no conflict
    I find it's useful to sandbox the VPN in a dedicated VM generally. Jump out of the VM for personal emails, etc... easy to forget you're on a VPN or to leave it connected and then realise they've been watching you check facebook.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    It might be over kill, but I have separate VM's for each client, that way if I have multiple VPN's to connect to their is no conflict

Leave a comment:

• openstrike
    replied
    Originally posted by HC Consulting View Post
    Does anybody do this already and is there any software you use to make this easier.
    Yes, I do this and I use ssh.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Last time I had multiple concurrent clients my set up was:

Client 1: Access via their Citrix web portal (using my own device)

Client 2: Access via their VPN / DirectAccess (using a laptop they supplied)

Client 3: Access their O365 SharePoint site for the project (using my own device)

Made it very easy to keep things separate.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by HC Consulting View Post
    Hi there, I am potentially going to have a couple of contracts on the go at the same time and i will need to remotely access their systems securely. Does anybody do this already and is there any software you use to make this easier. Or do you just follow the lead of your client and their current settings? I am just thinking that if i am proactive in being ready to go on this it is more favourable when pitching for a new contract.
    If the client uses Citrix XenDesktop then you can use virtualised multiple operating systems booted up and from within each log on to citrix.

If both are VPN then you're going to have to do similar. I'd advise using two laptops to ensure separation of duties and not making mistakes. We're all human after all.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    If you need to VPN into their network, I think all operating systems nowadays have a native VPN client. Same for remote desktop clients.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Will also depend whether you need to access services or machines.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I do this in the sense that I work for multiple clients remotely, but I generally don't access their systems. Do you really need to access their systems? The starting point is that you shouldn't need to and don't want to. If you do, then each client is going to need to dictate how you do it because it obviously "depends" (on their policies), but it will most likely be the same route that their permies gain remote access.

Leave a comment:

• HC Consulting
    started a topic Remote working for multiple contracts

Remote working for multiple contracts

Hi there, I am potentially going to have a couple of contracts on the go at the same time and i will need to remotely access their systems securely. Does anybody do this already and is there any software you use to make this easier. Or do you just follow the lead of your client and their current settings? I am just thinking that if i am proactive in being ready to go on this it is more favourable when pitching for a new contract.

Working...
X