• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommend a printer/scanner/copier"

Collapse

• sal
    replied
    HP cashback is quite legit. I have used it several times for various stuff and was always without a hitch if they have the promotion on their website (and they do) they will honor it.

It's just a matter of their online store not being up to scratch.

Promo:
    404 - File or directory not found.

T&C:
    https://h41201.www4.hp.com/WMCF.Web/...01-31&ocugid=0

The cashback is valid for purchases for all official resellers and It's all independent from the 15% discount in their online store

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    If you are going down the ink tank printer route check the top end HP Smart Tank Plus 655

HP Smart Tank Plus 655 Wireless All-in-One Colour Printer - HP Store UK

Down to £280 with code HPBLACK until the end of 02.12.2019

And £100 cashback until 08.12.2019

Bringing it down to £180 about the same as the Epson on the current offers

No mention of the cashback offer on their product page. Note how the other printers do mention cashback.

HP Printers - HP Store UK

Yet the £100 cashback you've found is mentioned elsewhere:

HP Printer – Save money

Sneaky!

For that reason I'm tempted to cut my nose off to spite my face as the HP smell is a bit rank.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Been having a look at the offerings as the plan B I'm currently planning for early next year will need to print invoices and other business related docs.

Stumbled across the Epson EcoTank inkjet range, available in colour or mono (as a mono laser printer competitor). Absolutely the cheapest way of printing if doing enough volume.

Just got to decide if I really really need colour over mono. Not much difference in price so may well get colour just in case.

As with all inkjets, the paper makes all the difference to the end result, so will need to check there's no lock in on Epson branded paper for optimal results if printing anything sophisticated.
    If you are going down the ink tank printer route check the top end HP Smart Tank Plus 655

HP Smart Tank Plus 655 Wireless All-in-One Colour Printer - HP Store UK

Down to £280 with code HPBLACK until the end of 02.12.2019

And £100 cashback until 08.12.2019

Bringing it down to £180 about the same as the Epson on the current offers

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Been having a look at the offerings as the plan B I'm currently planning for early next year will need to print invoices and other business related docs.

Stumbled across the Epson EcoTank inkjet range, available in colour or mono (as a mono laser printer competitor). Absolutely the cheapest way of printing if doing enough volume.

Just got to decide if I really really need colour over mono. Not much difference in price so may well get colour just in case.

As with all inkjets, the paper makes all the difference to the end result, so will need to check there's no lock in on Epson branded paper for optimal results if printing anything sophisticated.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Check the small print, the cashback is only on purchases made by 8 December.
    Where did you see that? on Ebuyer website? Because the official HP document is 31/01/2020

https://h41201.www4.hp.com/WMCF.Web/...01-31&ocugid=0

It's 8 December for some other models, bot not for the 9010

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The cashback offer runs until 31/01/2020 and the printer has been available for £99.99 for over a month back in October. I plan to sit it out until it pops up again cheaper than £115 and snatch one.

Check the small print, the cashback is only on purchases made by 8 December.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    There is £70 cashback via HP on the 9010 see HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 A4 Multifunction Inkjet Printer 3UK83B | Printer Base - £45.45 after cashback
    The cashback offer runs until 31/01/2020 and the printer has been available for £99.99 for over a month back in October. I plan to sit it out until it pops up again cheaper than £115 and snatch one.

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    How do they keep track of how many pages yopu've printed? Do they send you ink cartridges in the mail?
    The printer is connected to the internet and sends data to HP. For what is worth they pinky promise, that no content is being collected, just page count and size etc.

Once your ink gets low they automatically ship replacement, or you can call/chat them to request it in advance.

Been using it for over 5 years and quite happy with the service and cost. I have definitely paid a lot less in sub costs, than if I bought the cartridges I have used in that time, even if I went for knock offs.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    How do they keep track of how many pages yopu've printed? Do they send you ink cartridges in the mail?
    Data tracking. Not sure if HP keep a copy of what you print to call the fuzz if it sets off their being naughty alarm.

HP instant ink delivery service sends data to HP to say you need a new cartridge, which they send in the mail.

I guess they sell the printer itself at cost (after cashback deals) as they are counting on making a handsome profit on their print as a service scheme.

I wonder if they'll offer a virtual printer option so you don't even need the box in your home/office. They'll post you whatever you print and charge extra if you need it pronto.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Free instant ink tier is 15 pages/month £1 for every 10 pages thereafter. Enough for most months

I'm currently paying £2/m, which is £20/year less the VAT for 50 pages a month with 2 months rollover so I have 100+ "banked" most of the time.

Bonus is photos still count as 1 page so I print a ton for the Luddite great grandparents

Even without that with the original price of £99 it's a £12 printer the initial ink should carry you for couple of 100 pages.

Alternatively the HP Envy 5050 is at £100 (£50 after cashback) at Curry's with 2 year instant ink 100 pages / month tier included

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    There is £70 cashback via HP on the 9010 see HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 A4 Multifunction Inkjet Printer 3UK83B | Printer Base - £45.45 after cashback

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Those HP inkjet printers may look a good deal with the cashback offer, but check out the price of the ink! Extortionate.

May be better off with a mono laser printer if not needing colour for photos etc.
    Free instant ink tier is 15 pages/month £1 for every 10 pages thereafter. Enough for most months

I'm currently paying £2/m, which is £20/year less the VAT for 50 pages a month with 2 months rollover so I have 100+ "banked" most of the time.

Bonus is photos still count as 1 page so I print a ton for the Luddite great grandparents

Even without that with the original price of £99 it's a £12 printer the initial ink should carry you for couple of 100 pages.

Alternatively the HP Envy 5050 is at £100 (£50 after cashback) at Curry's with 2 year instant ink 100 pages / month tier included

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Those HP inkjet printers may look a good deal with the cashback offer, but check out the price of the ink! Extortionate.

May be better off with a mono laser printer if not needing colour for photos etc.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    How much scanning/copying are you doing?

I tend to just use my phone as a scanner.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's up at £129 now
    Snooze, you lose!

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer | Ebuyer.com

Found a bargain : HP 9010 , all the features I need, £99 with £70 cashback
    It's up at £129 now

Edit:
    I will keep an eye on it if it drops or pops up elsewhere at £99 again. When you claim the VAT it's almost free.

Don't forget to claim extra 2 years warranty for free:

https://h41201.www4.hp.com/WMCF.Web/...10-31&ocugid=0
    Last edited by sal; 26 November 2019, 15:47.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X