• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Application screen mock ups"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm just looking for something relatively simple that can show 'what's in my head' as user stories and process maps only go so far for the stakeholders. A picture tells a thousand words, so they say.

Currently having a play with MockFlow which seems ok but, I agree, the likes of AdobeXD requires a bit more knowledge and had me scratching my head a bit!
    Another Balsamiq user here. Have mocked up entire system designs using it. Quite clunky but very quick.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm just looking for something relatively simple that can show 'what's in my head' as user stories and process maps only go so far for the stakeholders. A picture tells a thousand words, so they say.

Currently having a play with MockFlow which seems ok but, I agree, the likes of AdobeXD requires a bit more knowledge and had me scratching my head a bit!

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Balsamiq if you're okay with low-fidelity mock-ups

Axure if you need pixel perfect mock-ups

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    What do the learned collective use for creating decent looking mock ups?

I'd like to create something that's a bit better than some dodgy PowerPoint shapes.

Doesn't have to be free, more interested in good functionality.

TIA
    Depends what you want out of it and how much you want to put in, most have a steep learning curve.

Sketch, Axure, Adobe InDesign/AdobeXD, Invision

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    I use Balsamic for quick and dirty wire-framing. If you want something more pretty, but it requires more skill take a look at axure.com. I have heard good things about Fluid UI but not yet used it.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Enterprise Architect does that kind of thing, but I'm sure that there'll be sexier stuff out there.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    started a topic Application screen mock ups

Application screen mock ups

What do the learned collective use for creating decent looking mock ups?

I'd like to create something that's a bit better than some dodgy PowerPoint shapes.

Doesn't have to be free, more interested in good functionality.

TIA

Working...
X