• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Reasonably priced 1-2 user PM tool including gantts?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by techperson View Post
    Micrsooft project online does gantts and you can get a trial for up to 90 days, that way you can do your project, and once finished you destroy the trial environment
    A bit late to the party but that is actually really useful to know - thanks.

Leave a comment:

• techperson
    replied
    Micrsooft project online does gantts and you can get a trial for up to 90 days, that way you can do your project, and once finished you destroy the trial environment

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    A really old copy of PMWB!

I used to love the Leather Filofax that came free with the license.

Oh those halcyon days...

Failing that, spring for Microsoft Project.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Try Planner in a Box.

It’s free and if you want loads of PM templates they’ll cost you much less than M$ Project. I got them and am very happy with them.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Trello might something worth looking into. It's user friendly though may not have all the PM features your wife needs. It's not MS project but I've found it useful for organising projects and tasks.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Mrs d000hg is starting a business after planning permission was granted recently. I suggested she might look at some PM software to organise tasks and in particular, might find an old-fashioned gantt chart useful to maintain a big-picture view of the launch and projected completion date.

I've used a few tools aimed at software development but gantts are far less popular in the world of agile, and anyway I'm not sure a traditional project would be best-suited to the likes of Jira (plus if we have to use Jira we might divorce!)

It's really only for 1-2 users so any recommendations on something that is intuitive, not tulip, and doesn't come with an enterprise price-point? This is just to plan the business set-up, until opening-day.

Thanks.
    i saw a guy i in the office using something called "Office Timeline" yesterday and looked like a good tool,

it's a Powerpoint add on, you can create a high level plan on a page with key milestones and it plots it out for you on a presentable slide, haven't used it myself yet but looked pretty cool, certainly would save tonnes of time manually creating Gnatt charts in a slide for presentations

if you don't want to go low level and purchase MS Project then try Liquid Planner, that's pretty decent too

Leave a comment:

• Reasonably priced 1-2 user PM tool including gantts?

Mrs d000hg is starting a business after planning permission was granted recently. I suggested she might look at some PM software to organise tasks and in particular, might find an old-fashioned gantt chart useful to maintain a big-picture view of the launch and projected completion date.

I've used a few tools aimed at software development but gantts are far less popular in the world of agile, and anyway I'm not sure a traditional project would be best-suited to the likes of Jira (plus if we have to use Jira we might divorce!)

It's really only for 1-2 users so any recommendations on something that is intuitive, not tulip, and doesn't come with an enterprise price-point? This is just to plan the business set-up, until opening-day.

Thanks.

Working...
X