• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OX app suite issues"

Collapse

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Inneresting

If you’re going to use ‘Doze, you should be running 10, not 8. And Edge, not IE.

If your operating system and browsers are all out of date, then that’s probably not helping your problem.
    Try installing Safari or Firefox and see if you get the issue with them.
    Equally, check your antivirus - which one are you using?
    I'm not getting the problem with IE, only with Chrome. IE was bundled in when I bought the PC in 2015. I downloaded Chrome soon after. I'll try downloading the latest version of Chrome, but I can't see where the version number of Chrome is to check what I have now and what the latest is after the download. Any ideas where the Chrome version number is visible? I'm using Malwarebytes and AVG, neither of which are registering any issues. I've tried a system restore to a point where I wasn't getting this issue, but it didn't have any affect. I can switch from one Email account to the other using IE and this presents no problems. So I could ditch using Chrome for Virgin Email. The Virgin media forum expert confirms that I shouldn't be seeing this screen, but indicates that the OX app suite is the software that Virgin uses to run their Email system. So I guess there shouldn't be any security issues, but there again, I'm no PC expert.

edit
    I've installed Firefox and there is no issue. So clearly Chrome can't be working like Firefox nor IE.
    Last edited by JohntheBike; 9 May 2019, 07:15.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I'm using Windows 8, with whatever level of IE was bundled in when I bought my PC in 2015. The problem isn't with IE, it's with Chrome. Anyway, the experts on the Virgin media fora are advising me. A simple solution is to not use Chrome and logon to each of my two Email accounts using IE as and when I need to. The issue is that although everything looks as if it's working, no one has yet explained why this is suddenly happening. Apparently, the OX app suite is the background facility supporting Virgin media's Email system, but I'm advised that I shouldn't see this logon step. Clearly at first I was suspicious, but neither Malwarebytes nor AVG picked up any issue. So at least I have some level of re-assurance there isn't anything lurking behind this process, apart from GCHQ monitoring my mails that is.
    Inneresting

If you’re going to use ‘Doze, you should be running 10, not 8. And Edge, not IE.

If your operating system and browsers are all out of date, then that’s probably not helping your problem.
    Try installing Safari or Firefox and see if you get the issue with them.
    Equally, check your antivirus - which one are you using?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I use Virgin media for my Email. I have two Email addresses and to access both at the same time, I use IE6 for one and Chrome for the other. There have been no issues with this approach until last Friday, when after logging in, I was presented with a further login screen for an OX app suite, asking for a user name and password.

I've been in touch with Virgin support, and been told it's nothing to do with them. I've also been in touch with Knowhow support, from my desktop supplier, and they are aware of the issue and have confirmed it's an internal Virgin issue. I've now joined the Virgin media fora and see that others have had this issue certainly up until about August last year, but not later.

It was suggested by some then that clearing Chrome cache and cookies would eliminate the issue, but this is not the case for me. It is suggested that the customer shouldn't see this screen, but if they do, then log in with their normal Email name and password, which I've done, and this doesn't seem to present any problems. So what is the panel's view on this issue?
    try switching it off.................................

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Have you tried updating your IE6 browser to something from the last decade?
    Have you tried a different browser?

And as Lance has pointed out, if you log in and there’s no problem, then what is the problem?
    I'm using Windows 8, with whatever level of IE was bundled in when I bought my PC in 2015. The problem isn't with IE, it's with Chrome. Anyway, the experts on the Virgin media fora are advising me. A simple solution is to not use Chrome and logon to each of my two Email accounts using IE as and when I need to. The issue is that although everything looks as if it's working, no one has yet explained why this is suddenly happening. Apparently, the OX app suite is the background facility supporting Virgin media's Email system, but I'm advised that I shouldn't see this logon step. Clearly at first I was suspicious, but neither Malwarebytes nor AVG picked up any issue. So at least I have some level of re-assurance there isn't anything lurking behind this process, apart from GCHQ monitoring my mails that is.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Have you tried updating your IE6 browser to something from the last decade?
    Have you tried a different browser?

And as Lance has pointed out, if you log in and there’s no problem, then what is the problem?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I use Virgin media for my Email. I have two Email addresses and to access both at the same time, I use IE6 for one and Chrome for the other. There have been no issues with this approach until last Friday, when after logging in, I was presented with a further login screen for an OX app suite, asking for a user name and password.

I've been in touch with Virgin support, and been told it's nothing to do with them. I've also been in touch with Knowhow support, from my desktop supplier, and they are aware of the issue and have confirmed it's an internal Virgin issue. I've now joined the Virgin media fora and see that others have had this issue certainly up until about August last year, but not later.

It was suggested by some then that clearing Chrome cache and cookies would eliminate the issue, but this is not the case for me. It is suggested that the customer shouldn't see this screen, but if they do, then log in with their normal Email name and password, which I've done, and this doesn't seem to present any problems. So what is the panel's view on this issue?
    nothing to see. No fault found.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    started a topic OX app suite issues

OX app suite issues

Working...
X