• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Switching from O365 Business Premium to Online essentials"

Collapse

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Hopefully not losing too much email in the meantime.
    Suppose you could use a "temporary" email solution whilst you are deleting the old tenant/adding the new one.
    Most hosting providers include mail - just set up a mailbox there and change the MX records (use a short TTL) ??

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Aye not proving easy to be honest.....

Looks like I've got to export from outlook as pst while current one is still live. Delete the current one on the portal, set up the new product (online essentials). Can't do this in advance because I want to use same email address.

Then import the pst.....

Hopefully not losing too much email in the meantime.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    What’s Online Essentials?

Is it a cheapo version of O365 Home?
    Assuming it's this ??:

Office 365 Business Essentials

• Email hosting with 50 GB mailbox and custom email domain address
    • Web versions of Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote (plus Access and Publisher for PC only)
    • File storage and sharing with 1 TB of OneDrive storage
    • Online meetings and video conferencing for up to 250 people
    • 24/7 phone and web support

£3.80 user/month (annual commitment)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    What’s Online Essentials?

Is it a cheapo version of O365 Home?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Anyone ever tried this? Apparently its not as easy as switching over?

Saving pst from outlook easy enough. But if I pay for Online essential now and Business Premium runs out in a week how on earth do I log in to the correct version?

Obviously, at some point I've got to switch from one to the other.
    Contact support and ask them.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    With GoDaddy

I've no idea how to help, as you're beholden to what they (GoDaddy) will provide in their tenant.

why oh why would you buy an MS cloud service from someone else?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Can't you add the Onine essentials to your exisitng subscription? Then apply the new license to your user account.
    I know this works with the enterprise licenses so cannot say for sure with the 2-bit cheapo stuff. Do you have a O365 tenant with an admin portal?
    With GoDaddy

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Don't think I've done Business Premium to Online essentials.

I have done Business Premium/Business Essentials to Office 365 E3, but that just required applying the new licenses in the admin portal.

A few years back I did have to migrate from one tenant to another, but can't remember what licenses were involved. For that I used MigrationWiz, and for the small cost of moving a few accounts over it saved a lot of hassle.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

Saving pst from outlook easy enough. But if I pay for Online essential now and Business Premium runs out in a week how on earth do I log in to the correct version?

Can't you add the Onine essentials to your exisitng subscription? Then apply the new license to your user account.
    I know this works with the enterprise licenses so cannot say for sure with the 2-bit cheapo stuff. Do you have a O365 tenant with an admin portal?

Leave a comment:

• Switching from O365 Business Premium to Online essentials

Working...
X