• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good headset for Skype"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    New gig, going to be a fair bit of Skype meetings so looking for some good recs on headsets, comfy, good for skype and noise cancelling would be nice.

Cheers.

qh
    Sennheiser PC320 for me. Comfortable enough to wear for hours.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Went for the Jabra Evolve 40s. Thanks all!

qh

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    The Bose are excellent as noise cancelling headphones, but the mic picks up any and all ambient sound and can only really be used when you’re on your own.

I’ve been looking at headsets with noise cancelling mics and came up with these.

Wantek Cell Phone Headset Binaural with Noise Canceling Mic and Adjustable Fit Headband for iPhone Samsung Huawei HTC LG ZTE Blackberry Mobile Phone and Smartphones with 3.5mm Jack(F602J35) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XSPSV..._Id7VAbXBWDQMR
    Defiantly get one with a mic boom rather than a posh pair with the mic build in, I have a pair of B&O which are brilliant for listening to music or watching videos but I still use the Jabra for video calls

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    The Bose are excellent as noise cancelling headphones, but the mic picks up any and all ambient sound and can only really be used when you’re on your own.

I’ve been looking at headsets with noise cancelling mics and came up with these.

Wantek Cell Phone Headset Binaural with Noise Canceling Mic and Adjustable Fit Headband for iPhone Samsung Huawei HTC LG ZTE Blackberry Mobile Phone and Smartphones with 3.5mm Jack(F602J35) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XSPSV..._Id7VAbXBWDQMR

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    I use the plantronics focus - got them as a feeebie, don’t think I would pay that price for them.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    +1 for the 40s, work better on a PC than a Mac but I like having the cord and the mute button for when I'm CURSING THE PM on calls, go for the duo rather than the mono though
    FTFY

+1 for jabra though

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by redgiant View Post
    I have a pair of Jabra Evolve 40s for when i'm traveling. They are very comfy and can be used in a 3.5mm socket or USB.
    +1 for the 40s, work better on a PC than a Mac but I like having the cord and the mute button for when I'm not paying attention on calls, go for the duo rather than the mono though

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    for laptop mostly, but bluetooth would be good so don't need a usb port for it.

I saw that, pricey but the reviews were very good. Is it comfy on the ears?

qh
    Yep, they are comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied

qh
    I have a pair of Jabra Evolve 40s for when i'm traveling. They are very comfy and can be used in a 3.5mm socket or USB.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    On a PC, laptop or mobile? USB or bluetooth?
    Bose are great, but it depends on your budget, really

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    I use Jabra Evolve 65s, can connect to phone and PC at same time.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    I use Jabra Evolve 65s, can connect to phone and PC at same time.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    New gig, going to be a fair bit of Skype meetings so looking for some good recs on headsets, comfy, good for skype and noise cancelling would be nice.

Cheers.

qh
    On a PC, laptop or mobile? USB or bluetooth?
    Bose are great, but it depends on your budget, really

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    started a topic Good headset for Skype

Good headset for Skype

Cheers.

qh

Working...
X