• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Price of hard disks..."

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Deskstars not suitable for RAIDs, some controllers don't like them due to (intentionally) lacking good time out logic.

If money no object then I'd recommend looking at Hitachi helium filled Ultrastars, they run much cooler, very good reliability

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    I bought 4 x 3tb hitachi deskstar nas drives - cost me about £450 from Amazon as they have excellent reviews - my initial budget estimate for 4 drives was about £200 - I could have got some cheapo drives but not a big fan of data loss

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Seagate BarraCuda 4TB 3.5" Hard Drive - GBP 96.00 at Ebuyer.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Is it a new saying? "What's that got to do with the price of hard disks?"

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Weak pound perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Will largely depend on HDD spec and quality too?

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    started a topic Price of hard disks...

Price of hard disks...

Is it just me or are hard disks (I mean the spinning type, not SSDs) priced a bit high atm ? I was looking for a cheap source of 4TB HDDs and the lowest I can find is in the £11x region, seems a lot for what should be the sweet spot in HDD size this year ?

Any comments ?

Boo

Working...
X