• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Headphones for mobile & Skype Calls"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'm looking at the Evolve 65's simply because my replacement phone won't have a 3.5mm jack....
    I am not a fan of wireless for Unified Comms (ironic knowing the client I am with), I keep the 40's for business and a seperate set for using on the phone, I am looking at these at the moment.

Although my wireless over ears broke I may have to replace them soon.

Evolve 40's = Business
    Libratone = Everyday wired
    (probably B&O H8's) = Travel

The Evolve's were paid through the company, the others myslelf

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I just got the Jabra Evolve 40's, can't rate them high enough, they are great for Skype (they have a 3.5mm jack that goes into a control unit which then connects to the PC though USB), the head set can be locked into place on the band when not in use.
    I'm looking at the Evolve 65's simply because my replacement phone won't have a 3.5mm jack....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBA View Post
    Hi,

I travel a lot/WFH so use a mixture of myCo mobile and client softphone (laptop and mobile) for making calls. I've tried various mobile phone bundled headphones but I have come to the conclusion the ones I have are not the best. Therefore it's time to spend a bit of money.

Wish list:
    Boom mic
    3.5mm jack
    Fairly discreet

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    I just got the Jabra Evolve 40's, can't rate them high enough, they are great for Skype (they have a 3.5mm jack that goes into a control unit which then connects to the PC though USB), the head set can be locked into place on the band when not in use.

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    They aren't a bright colour, so that's discreet enough for me. If you want to stand out, they have a cream version.
    Also, if you travel a lot - noise cancelling, bluetooth for connecting to tablet/phone and will work off a normal 3.5mm jack or USB.
    Sorry, I did mean it when I said they look good.
    A bit big for what in looking for, that and the £250+ price tag. I'm far too tight...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    They do look good, really discreet
    They aren't a bright colour, so that's discreet enough for me. If you want to stand out, they have a cream version.
    Also, if you travel a lot - noise cancelling, bluetooth for connecting to tablet/phone and will work off a normal 3.5mm jack or USB.

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Sennheiser Momentum 2 aebt. No boom mic, but proper headphones.
    They do look good, really discreet

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I use a Plantronics Voyager Legend, which works brilliantly for Facetime and phone calls, but for some reason it seems shakey with Skype. So not a very helpful suggestion, although it might just be that I have a duffer. Great BT earpiece / headset though

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Sennheiser Momentum 2 aebt. No boom mic, but proper headphones.

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    replied
    I should add that a 3.5mm jack isn't mandatory. Laptop can handle Bluetooth so that is an option too

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    replied
    Originally posted by redgiant View Post
    Can't go very discreet with a boom mic but I have used these before at a clientco and they work well.

Jabra EVOLVE 40 headset with quality microphone

I have the more expensive wireless version and they work equally well. There was a long discussion on this forum on wireless headsets too if you extend your search too.
    Thanks, I found the old thread but it looked like the suggestions were for desk phones. (I may have read it wrong) I'll take another look.

As for discreet, I was thinking more about the overhead, massive noise cancelling headphones. Some can look really big. Something in ear would be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Hi,

I travel a lot/WFH so use a mixture of myCo mobile and client softphone (laptop and mobile). I've tried various mobile phone bundled headphones but I have come to the conclusion the ones I have are not the best. Therefore it's time to spend a bit of money.

Wish list:
    Boom mic
    3.5mm jack
    Fairly discreet

Thanks
    Can't go very discreet with a boom mic but I have used these before at a clientco and they work well.

Jabra EVOLVE 40 headset with quality microphone

I have the more expensive wireless version and they work equally well. There was a long discussion on this forum on wireless headsets too if you extend your search too.

Leave a comment:

• TheBA
    started a topic Headphones for mobile & Skype Calls

Headphones for mobile & Skype Calls

Hi,

I travel a lot/WFH so use a mixture of myCo mobile and client softphone (laptop and mobile) for making calls. I've tried various mobile phone bundled headphones but I have come to the conclusion the ones I have are not the best. Therefore it's time to spend a bit of money.

Wish list:
    Boom mic
    3.5mm jack
    Fairly discreet

Thanks
    Last edited by TheBA; 29 November 2016, 22:11.

Working...
X