• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: HDMI switch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HDMI switch"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    I recommend the AV reciever, we have a Panasonic Home Theatre box and having the surround sound makes a big difference. The Dark night, Apocalypse now & Stargate should only be watched in this way.

If you do that you may need an optical cable from the TV to the amp. If the TV generates content e.g. DLNA/Freeview / Prime etc. then the audio will only come out of the TV, if you have spent a fortune on decent speakers its disappointing.

Why not run 2 HDMI cables one for switch / Receiver and one for gaming? If size of cable is a problem :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-.../dp/B002ECYEYA

You can never have too many cat6 cables behind a telly!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    do these produce any noticeable 'lag'?

I have noticed when gaming if i use an port other than HDMI 1 there is about 1 second lag
    Some of them have a game mode. I used to notice a bit of a lag when playing the free pinball game that came with the PS4 until I tweak the settings on the box.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    do these produce any noticeable 'lag'?

I have noticed when gaming if i use an port other than HDMI 1 there is about 1 second lag

Leave a comment:

• amanwhoisquiet
    replied
    Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    +1
    same, but it's worth noting that the ports are prioritised I think, so you can put a device you want to 'take over' the hdmi output into a higher port. this will help with devices that constantly output when on standby or whatever. just saves having to use the button as much.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Been making do with an old manual switch box since the number of HDMI devices exceeded the number of inputs on the TV, but that 5 quid auto jobbie with manual override looks like it's worth a try for barely more than the cost of a pint these days.

Manual override probably still needed what with some devices not turning fully off but go into sleep mode so a signal is still send down the cable (unless can change that in their settings somewhere), so may push the boat out and go for the 5 input with remote control.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I've had one of these and it works straight out the box.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Electroni...Port+Gold+HDMI
    +1

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I've had one of these and it works straight out the box.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Electroni...Port+Gold+HDMI

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    Pioneer VSXS520 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

or just one of these, so long as up to 3 boxes. Should auto-select for new input when input is switched on, but remote for when it doesn't.

3 Way HDMI Splitter Hub Switch Port w/ Remote For HDTV Wii U PS3 Xbox 360 LCD | eBay
    Don't get the cheap eBay one. We got one and it's rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    Yes

Pioneer VSXS520 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

or just one of these, so long as up to 3 boxes. Should auto-select for new input when input is switched on, but remote for when it doesn't.

3 Way HDMI Splitter Hub Switch Port w/ Remote For HDTV Wii U PS3 Xbox 360 LCD | eBay
    Last edited by anonymouse; 5 November 2016, 14:01.

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    started a topic HDMI switch

HDMI switch

We are redoing the living room and moving the television to a far corner. The plan is to leave all the boxes where they are and just a single cable to the telly.

Does anyone have experience with HDMI switches?

Working...
X