• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Music manager (mp3)"

Collapse

• DallasDad
    replied
    For automatically downloading album artwork, tagging, file and folder renaming against what ever rules you want to define
    Bliss is pretty good.

The compliance reports are great for sorting out the odd few it can't automatically deal with

http://www.blisshq.com/

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Here's what I use. Bit off topic as my household is completely Linux.

I ripped all of my CDs to FLAC, a lossless format a bit more compact than WAV.

I converted all those flac files to MP3.

I copied those MP3s, along with other MP3s I purchased, in their entirety, to various MP3 players including the car audio system.

The FLAC archive is backed up off site, as are the purchased MP3s (sister's house). The mp3 players aren't as that data can be reproduced. CDs are in the loft.

I have perl scripts controlling all this. Perhaps an off the shelf solution would have been less bother, but its done now and does exactly what I want.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Again, I would recommend iTunes, I swear buy it, I have it setup so that the whole thing is within my dropbox so sync's with every machine I own, its also on my NAS which means my SONOS can access it through a public share.

It can be a bit of a pain to set up properly (which is where I think anyone who has tried iTunes and not loved it goes wrong) but once its up and running it is flawless
    How did you get it to sync with every machine you own? I sync my iPod with my iMac, but if I try to get it working with my Macbook it whinges that it's not the same library.....

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Banshee with the database and music files stored in Dropbox.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by zazou View Post

You don't have to enable Apple Music.

Although it's only a big issue if you are a composer.

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    OS X music manager? So, something to manage your Tunes. i don't know if something exists like that.

.. .
    Good thing I didn't try that one then!

Will Apple Music complete iTunes’ destruction of my will to collect music?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I like iTunes too as a Machead but I'm switching to Plex now, not for music though yet. Does a sterling job with film and TV though...

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    I use MediaMonkey for the library and The Godfather for the tagging etc.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Again, I would recommend iTunes, I swear buy it, I have it setup so that the whole thing is within my dropbox so sync's with every machine I own, its also on my NAS which means my SONOS can access it through a public share.

It can be a bit of a pain to set up properly (which is where I think anyone who has tried iTunes and not loved it goes wrong) but once its up and running it is flawless

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I've used Winamp since year dot but have recently started to wonder if there are more modern ways to manage and listen to music.

Ideally it would work both on OS X and Windows, on premises but a cloud sync wouldn't harm.

Any thoughts, pointers, war stories?

OS X music manager? So, something to manage your Tunes. i don't know if something exists like that.

Those ancient mp3s that one ripped self or is storing as a security copy for that nice company in Russia, do the big online boys (Google, Apple et al) kick up a fuss should said files be uploaded?

No idea about music you didn't own, but I backed up all my CDs years ago (particularly after an old Van Morrison disc started to degrade). If you have loads of stuff you ripped and maybe the ID3 tags are incorrect/incomplete, consider software like MusicBrainz Picard to correct the tags.

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    started a topic Music manager (mp3)

Music manager (mp3)

I've used Winamp since year dot but have recently started to wonder if there are more modern ways to manage and listen to music.

Ideally it would work both on OS X and Windows, on premises but a cloud sync wouldn't harm.

Any thoughts, pointers, war stories?

Ps. Those ancient mp3s that one ripped self or is storing as a security copy for that nice company in Russia, do the big online boys (Google, Apple et al) kick up a fuss should said files be uploaded?

Working...
X