• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What to do with an iPad 1?"

Collapse

• DallasDad
    replied
    Is Ebay a dirty word here?.......
    These things still fetch a fair price.

Failing that is it wifi only or cellular if the later why not get a cheap sim with some data on it and keep it for use it in the car as it will also have GPS as well so could be really handy at times.
    Being the wrong side of 50 I find trying to read anything of substance on my smart phone nigh on a pita!

I use either an old Iphone 4s or my spare cellular Ipad2 in my glove box that runs Garmin HUD app which talks via wifi to my BMW Head Up screen providing at times better nav guidance than the built in BMW system.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    This will have been done before, but it's worth repeating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7RdfHiwA8A

SFW, German ipad cutting board

Leave a comment:

• Intel
    replied
    Only thing worth doing with apple products......

iPad | Will it Blend

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    The Wife (tm)'s old one is recipes & TV in the kitchen.

It got dropped and the bottom corner of the screen is broken, as is the headphone socket, but otherwise it still works.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Photo display?

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    I saw this on Kickstarter - looks like an interesting way of reusing something like your old iPad - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-your-security

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Download a nice alarm clock app, put it on a stand and use it as an alarm clock.

Or mount it on a kitchen cupboard door for recipes and for shopping lists, "fridge notes"
    Exactly what I've done, albeit with a Nexus.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If you have all the original packaging and it's in mint condition, stick it in a cupboard for 20 years, as vintage Apple stuff it will be worth more than your house by then.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Download a nice alarm clock app, put it on a stand and use it as an alarm clock.

Or mount it on a kitchen cupboard door for recipes and for shopping lists, "fridge notes"

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I guess it can do that or you wouldn't have suggested it - I just have NO idea how to go about it.

I haven't even got my Raspberry Pi working.

(But I'll move this to Technical, as it's more appropriate there.)

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Funky remobe control for Kodi?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic What to do with an iPad 1?

What to do with an iPad 1?

I'm now the proud owner of an iPad Air 2, so Mr C has my old iPad2. Which means that the old iPad1 is just gathering dust.

So what can we do with it? Can we give it away or is it too old for that?

Working...
X