• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone got the new GoPro Hero 4 camera?"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

I have £280 of loyalty points on my credit card, so wife is going to get me the 4 Black for Christmas.

Thanks all.

I also have a UHD TV so am very interested to see the results.

Look out for motorcycle clips and photos from HK in the new year.
    You won't be disappointed - there's people who will tell you all about the lastest "Chinese rip-off which is 'just as good'", but ultimately the GoPro isn't THAT expensive and you're getting broadcast quality pieces of kit. Source: Every TV documentary ever nowadays!

I love my GoPro 3 Black to bits and if I could justify it, I'd buy a 4 just because. Just wish my riding was interesting enough to upload

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Thanks for the comments.

I have £280 of loyalty points on my credit card, so wife is going to get me the 4 Black for Christmas.

Thanks all.

I also have a UHD TV so am very interested to see the results.

Look out for motorcycle clips and photos from HK in the new year.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Don't be! I had a MUVI camera but the "diving" case was tulip. It's only waterproof rated for up to an hour so on the 2nd or 3rd dive it started letting in water. The clasp is also particularly flimsy.

I have a GoPro now and would definitely recommend.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I'm quite tempted by this: http://www.firebox.com/product/6861/Veho-Muvi-K-Series-WiFi-Action-Camera?via=whatsnew

Leave a comment:

• yasockie
    replied
    For both of you - if going with GoPro, go Black (and never go back) could be 3, 3+ or 4 depending on the budget.
    If you're on the budget or just cheap you can get chinese stuff for less.
    With GoPro Black 4 you'll get smooth 4k video or nice 120fps in decent res etc.
    Basically the best sensor.

I don't see the point of buying something like GoPro White or even Silver - there's cheaper alternatives for that.

Leave a comment:

• SarahL2012
    replied
    Thread resurrection - sorry!

Mr L2012 is a bit of a camera geek (big Cannon thing, lots of gadgets to go with it) but when we were away on holiday we met a couple with a GoPro (it was on their car) and I sensed enthusiasm.

So I thought I'd get him one for Christmas. It looks like I can spend anything from £99 - £400 odd and I've got stuck with what might be best.

I don't mind spending a bit on it if the quality is decent but it looks like there are some mixed reviews as well.

Help please!!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I have Hero3 and it's a cracking piece of kit.

Edit: whilst this obv doesn't answer your question, it is a ringing endorsement for GoPro. So, if the question is should I get a GoPro, the answer is yes you should. If the question is which one, then that's a discussion between you, your significant other and your bank account.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 31 October 2014, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    started a topic Anyone got the new GoPro Hero 4 camera?

Anyone got the new GoPro Hero 4 camera?

Any comments/recommendations?

Working...
X