• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "First London Drinks 2011 Wednesday 12th Jan"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Am thinking about this place for the next drinks.

I haven't been there in years, but its central, has good beers, does food and is far enough away from the tourist track, it should be ok.

Btw what did people think of the counting house? I know some people thought it was noisy, but we could reserve a room out the back which is quieter if people wanted to go there again.

I'm just mindful that the majority of current attendees are based in the city, bank station is also good links for those based in Canary Wharf and also one stop from Waterloo for those coming in from Surrey way.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Great to see you all again.

Tune in next week..............

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Running late

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I might wander down for a couple. Not sure yet. What should I look out for? I don't fancy just wandering up to randoms asking if I know them from the net!
    we're at a table to the left of the bar downstairs

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Well this time make sure you behave youselves. I've heard about these NSFW London CUK meet-ups. NSFW, NSFW, NSFW.
    Is that you and MP?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I might wander down for a couple. Not sure yet. What should I look out for? I don't fancy just wandering up to randoms asking if I know them from the net!
    I believe the usual means of identification is a copy of Computer Weekly, prominently displayed.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I have been meaning for over a year to print off the ContractorUK logo A4 size and get it laminated, specifically to take to piss-ups.

Have you got access to a colour printer?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Don't want much do you?
    Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Can those of you coming along this evening have a think about a new venue that we can trial?

Pre requisites:

Central
    Good beer selection
    Ability to get somewhere to sit
    Ability to have a conversation without having to shout over bad rock music (xmas bash)
    Not touristy
    Don't want much do you?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Can those of you coming along this evening have a think about a new venue that we can trial?

Pre requisites:

Central
    Good beer selection
    Ability to get somewhere to sit
    Ability to have a conversation without having to shout over bad rock music (xmas bash)
    Not touristy

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Well this time make sure you behave youselves. I've heard about these NSFW London CUK meet-ups. NSFW, NSFW, NSFW.
    That's what happens when there is only one kebab left in the shop at chucking out time.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Will try to get there for 5

Leave a comment:

Working...
X