• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Time for a new phone?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortune Green
    This looks like a Mercedes.......

Nah mate, she's called Portia!

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Nah... get a Black Cab.....

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    This is surely the car you want...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    How about one of these instead, at least you can fit some shopping in the back:

Originally posted by DaveB
    20k and faster than a Porsche GT
    Faster than a superbike though?...we'll never know, since Top Gear decided to compare it's performance with just a 600...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Mordac, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Personally I think the veyron is one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

I just need £850k to buy one. Anybody out there want to buy my wife and cat?

I'd have to agree with Mordac on this one. Yes the performance is incredible, but gods it's ugly. I can think of far better cars to blow £850 grand on and still have change for some serious fun.

Anyway, I want one of these. 20k and faster than a Porche GT

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Funnily enough my 6310i kept turning itself off as well.

Anyway, the Bugatti Veyron. It's ugly, and it looks like it was based on a TT. Get something classy, and then crash it, like what Threaded does.
    Mordac, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Personally I think the veyron is one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

I just need £850k to buy one. Anybody out there want to buy my wife and cat?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac

Anyway, the Bugatti Veyron. It's ugly, and it looks like it was based on a TT. Get something classy, and then crash it, like what Threaded does.
    Back to the Aston then

Ferrarri's btw are not classy. They are crass, ostentatious and vulgar. Just like most of the people who drive them.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 560SEC
    replied
    Just got myself an 8800...

Though not the Aston version...

Having had my last phone (Nokia 6310i) for the over 4 years, I decided it was time for a change...

Even though there was nothing wrong with the 6310... and could still get several days usage out of a charge... it was starting to turn itself off from time to time... and the casing was scuffed from years of being in my pocket with keys, coins etc...

Anyway, I finally plumped for the 8800... mainly because it's a beautifully built phone...

Heavy (140grms)... stainless steel... sapphire glass etc...

Also, the fact that it's NOT overloaded with features (3G, mega-pixel camera etc) was a plus for me...

All I want is something that makes calls... and at most has WAP for the football scores...

Anyway, the phone looks as good as I hoped... and despite the fact that I had to get a replacement 2 days later due to a dodgy loudspeaker... I love it...

But as always with these things, it's horses for courses...

If you want a good looking, well made "telephone"... that feels like a quality piece of equipment, go for it...

If, however, you want whizz-bang features and something more lightweight... it's not for you... you'de be better off looking at something Japanese...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    FG - my hero...

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    what you're seeing is probably full-lock on the steering
    lol, try reversing the fcker out that archway too and you'll be wondering whether its money well spent.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Nice though.

But not as nice as this...
    Probably had to use heli to get it there in the first place though, as what you're seeing is probably full-lock on the steering.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Even I recognise that name and no, it's not Threaded's....

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Is that Threadeds?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    Aston Martin, thats just so last century
    Nice though.

But not as nice as this...

Leave a comment: