• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tpd

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tpd"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    As far as I am aware, the level of drivel posts is lower these days than it has been in the past. That isn't to say that there is less posting in TPD, but that there is less drivel - there is a lot of chatting that goes on in there, but not much drivel (although I haven't caught up yet since I've come back from holiday).

If you know who you want to have a discussion / chat with, then why waste time describing TPD as a "fetid breeding ground"? I'm also not aware of anyone who seems to need "several thousand posts...to make a contribution in the big boys forum" - where there is a comment to be made, people will make it regardless of what their post count is. Is posting a few thousand posts in one thread any worse than starting a few thousand threads about what you eat for lunch? Personally, I'd say no.
    I was taking the pi55. Seems to have gone over a few heads ...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Is this War on TPD?
    I hope so! I love a good pagga...

I could start a fight in an empty room - and would be very happy doing so.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    The Top Tpd (General) Posters

No. User . . . . . . . Posts . Credit

.1) NickFitz .... . 10 = 24.390% = 1 in every 4 posts
    .2) BrowneIssue . . .8 = 19.512% = 1 in every 5 posts
    .3) snaw ........ . .6 = 14.634% = 1 in every 6 posts
    .4) zeitghost ... . .4 = .9.756% = 1 in every 10 posts
    .5) BrilloPad ... . .4 = .9.756% = 1 in every 10 posts
    .6) DiscoStu .... . .2 = .4.878% = 1 in every 20 posts
    .7) cailin maith . . 2 = .4.878% = 1 in every 20 posts
    .8) Clippy ...... . .2 = .4.878% = 1 in every 20 posts
    .9) SallyAnne ... . .1 = .2.439% = 1 in every 41 posts
    10) Ardesco ..... . .1 = .2.439% = 1 in every 41 posts
    11) TimberWolf .. . .1 = .2.439% = 1 in every 41 posts
    thanks BI - Im not doing very well here - must drivel more...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    And I got no problem with TPD per se, just pointing out there seems to be an influx of super posters who contribute SFA as far as I can tell beyond spouting drivel on TPD, with the sole purpose of upping their post counts.
    As far as I am aware, the level of drivel posts is lower these days than it has been in the past. That isn't to say that there is less posting in TPD, but that there is less drivel - there is a lot of chatting that goes on in there, but not much drivel (although I haven't caught up yet since I've come back from holiday).

I'm fast coming to the conclusion the TPD is some sort of fetid breeding ground for an exceptionally virulent kind of contagious forum disease that seems to spout forth unheard of Avatars at an alarming rate.

WTF are these people coming from? Can we find a cure...
    Personally I could care less, I know which people are worth having chat/argument/debate with and who's not. But some people it appears feel like they have to have several thousand posts to their names to make a contribution in the big boys forum. They probably have small penises but that's just a guess on my part.
    If you know who you want to have a discussion / chat with, then why waste time describing TPD as a "fetid breeding ground"? I'm also not aware of anyone who seems to need "several thousand posts...to make a contribution in the big boys forum" - where there is a comment to be made, people will make it regardless of what their post count is. Is posting a few thousand posts in one thread any worse than starting a few thousand threads about what you eat for lunch? Personally, I'd say no.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Is this War on TPD?
    No feck off!!!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Is this War on TPD?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    The Top Tpd (General) Posters

No. User . . . . . . . Posts . Credit

.1) NickFitz .... . 10 = 24.390% = 1 in every 4 posts
    .2) BrowneIssue . . .8 = 19.512% = 1 in every 5 posts
    .3) snaw ........ . .6 = 14.634% = 1 in every 6 posts
    .4) zeitghost ... . .4 = .9.756% = 1 in every 10 posts
    .5) BrilloPad ... . .4 = .9.756% = 1 in every 10 posts
    .6) DiscoStu .... . .2 = .4.878% = 1 in every 20 posts
    .7) cailin maith . . 2 = .4.878% = 1 in every 20 posts
    .8) Clippy ...... . .2 = .4.878% = 1 in every 20 posts
    .9) SallyAnne ... . .1 = .2.439% = 1 in every 41 posts
    10) Ardesco ..... . .1 = .2.439% = 1 in every 41 posts
    11) TimberWolf .. . .1 = .2.439% = 1 in every 41 posts

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Could someone post up the poster count for this thread again please?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    40 Muslim. BURN HIM! BURN HIM!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    39 you 'tard. You would think that because you're from <other country>.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    38 dullard. Have you even bothered reading the stickies?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    37 you numpty. Why are you even asking when you already know the answer?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    36 fool. Opted out of course.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    35 you dolt. Of course they're just trying to increase their margin.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    excuse me fellow TPDers. could we remember that we are united against the common enemy.

err - who is that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X