• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Untested RoS - what should I do ?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Never ask about the RoS if you don't need to. It is very likely they'll say no and you've just blown your own IR35 status and your insurance could be invalid as something has changed that wasn't there when you took the insurance out.

Leave a comment:

• testingmic
    replied
    Thanks for your replies Cojak and Got.

I go through this research every year about IPSE+ or Qdos or both and every year I find myself facing this dilemma.

Its only recently I read this posts about QDos not taking on clients case if they dont think they will win and I found that strange. So I thought may be clear it out up front since the RoS is untested.

Like you said Got the client is based in Sweden and might not know the clauses in my contract. 10 more days till the Ipse+ subscription expires.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by testingmic View Post
    Hi All,

I have tried to look for an answer for this but just went down the rabbit hole so posting it on here.

I am with a non-UK( EU ) client since 2016. The agency involved is a UK agency but I get paid in foreign currency. The end client does not deal with contracts directly so they too have an agency in between that is again non-UK.

So End client( non-UK ) --> Agency A(non-UK)--> Agency B ( UK Based )--->my Ltd co ( me ) UK based.

I have TLC35 with QDOS since few years but lately I have been thinking about this posts I am reading where QDOS may refuse your case if they think there is no chance of winning.

My RoS is untested and I am not sure if I should approach the manager and ask him to confirm they will honor it if it comes to that ? Or should I leave it as it is.

My understanding is if there was an enquiry Qdos and/or HMRC will approach my manager/client and if they refuse the RoS then Qdos will refuse my case, in which case there is no point of even having the insurance.

So my dilemma is do I find out what is underneath the carpet ? or should I let it be ?

If I do approach my manager, what is the best way of confirming RoS without going full SDS ? They are not aware of legislations here and I dont want to spook them.

Regards

testing testing
    Remove your tinfoil hat and do nothing would be my advice

You manager (and client co) will be unaware you have a right of substitution and just laugh at the idea as it’s not in the agent - client contract

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Personally I would let sleeping dogs lie. If the end client is not UK based they won't be affected by IR35.

Leave a comment:

• testingmic
    started a topic Untested RoS - what should I do ?

Untested RoS - what should I do ?

Hi All,

I have tried to look for an answer for this but just went down the rabbit hole so posting it on here.

I am with a non-UK( EU ) client since 2016. The agency involved is a UK agency but I get paid in foreign currency. The end client does not deal with contracts directly so they too have an agency in between that is again non-UK.

So End client( non-UK ) --> Agency A(non-UK)--> Agency B ( UK Based )--->my Ltd co ( me ) UK based.

I have TLC35 with QDOS since few years but lately I have been thinking about this posts I am reading where QDOS may refuse your case if they think there is no chance of winning.

My RoS is untested and I am not sure if I should approach the manager and ask him to confirm they will honor it if it comes to that ? Or should I leave it as it is.

My understanding is if there was an enquiry Qdos and/or HMRC will approach my manager/client and if they refuse the RoS then Qdos will refuse my case, in which case there is no point of even having the insurance.

So my dilemma is do I find out what is underneath the carpet ? or should I let it be ?

If I do approach my manager, what is the best way of confirming RoS without going full SDS ? They are not aware of legislations here and I dont want to spook them.

Regards

testing testing

Working...
X