• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Off-Payroll delay until 2023 amendment tabled this week."

Collapse

• Shackattack
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    "worker doing same work should pay the same tax".
    And should get same "Paid Holidays, protection, pension contributions, employment rights, someone to organise our accounts, pay for periods when we don't work. In fact the bruden on society for providing all these things outways any marginal tax benefit.

Question behind every single Tory policy there is an agenda to syphon money away from ordinary folk to the super rich. Whats this one?

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    It looks like our Chancellor has no clue what IR35 is and he only is familiar with the slogan "worker doing same work should pay the same tax".

Either that or he is such a bad actor.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    you just need to wire him the dough to gain access to the inner circle and know more about it.
    Perhaps he could team up with David Davis

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Don't worry everyone. Chaplins got a plan...
    you just need to wire him the dough to gain access to the inner circle and know more about it.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Don't worry everyone. Chaplins got a plan...

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    They are going to raise taxes and deliberately liquidate paying positions into the worst recession in 300 years.

Genious.
    Good luck getting there bounce back loans back then

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Off-Payroll delay until 2023 amendment tabled this week.

They are going to raise taxes and deliberately liquidate paying positions into the worst recession in 300 years.

Genius.
    Last edited by TwoWolves; 20 May 2020, 15:54.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
    Apologies, I was just relaying what I'd been told, although I guess the effect is the same
    It was defeated. A speaker calls an amendment on the basis of support (e.g., signed on the face or communicated directly). It had no support, either from the Tories or Labour.

Leave a comment:

• HoofHearted
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    It wasn't. The Speaker has not selected it, so there was no vote.
    Apologies, I was just relaying what I'd been told, although I guess the effect is the same

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
    The amendment was defeated
    It wasn't. The Speaker has not selected it, so there was no vote.

Leave a comment:

• HoofHearted
    replied
    The amendment was defeated

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    He's been asking for our cash as well. Wonder what he's spending it on? Certainly not the experienced and fantastic campaign team he mentioned...
    The more I know the guy and the more he seems like a slimy little weasel. He'd do well in politics.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Dave Chaplin posted on linkedIn
    He's been asking for our cash as well. Wonder what he's spending it on? Certainly not the experienced and fantastic campaign team he mentioned...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    [hovers over link]

[sees the domain]

[doesn't click any further]
    Absolutely this. Complete waste of time that site.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by K12AN View Post
    Davis has been working on this for some time I believe:
    IR35 Conservative Backbench Revolt Led by David Davies

if the information is correct, he already has significant backing
    [hovers over link]

[sees the domain]

[doesn't click any further]

Leave a comment:

Working...