• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What good might this Lords committee review do"

Collapse

• Sologuest
    replied
    Respond to govt subcommittee

Govt committee on IR35 is calling for evidence from organisations and individuals. Let's do our part in spreading awareness and submitting evidence. To me the fact that Clients are putting blanket inside IR35 for all roles and refusing to work with PSC altogether is an indication that this isn't well thought through.

Finance Bill Sub-Committee - submit a written submission - UK Parliament

Please submit your views and share with your network.

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Then make a hat out of industrial foil, store your phone in a crisp packet and go live in a bunker in the Nevada desert after you click send on the email.
    This one started my day with a smile.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by PTP View Post
    Don't quite think that would work. As mentioned in another thread recently, there's loads of ways that anything digital can still be traced back to it's origin
    Then make a hat out of industrial foil, store your phone in a crisp packet and go live in a bunker in the Nevada desert after you click send on the email.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    If someone tells someone else that their actions will adversely affect thousands of people, dont you think it would have rather more impact if a few thousand said the same thing independently?

Stop being paranoid and start writing in. Utterly pointless leaving it to the other guys. Unless of course you dont want to fight back.

Leave a comment:

• PTP
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Set up a fake email address then.
    Don't quite think that would work. As mentioned in another thread recently, there's loads of ways that anything digital can still be traced back to it's origin

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    [QUOTE=TheInvoicer;2726045]
    Originally posted by eatenrifles View Post
    I had a reply from my MP which included a letter from Jesse Norman to 'address my concerns'.

According to the Treasury:

.[*]There is no evidence of large corporations taking blanket decisions.

Absolute pish, again shows the scale of lying that goes on. We see it in ir35 and just makes you realise this scale of BS probably goes across all political points.

Norman is a muppet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and this is news to you?
    such a sheltered life you must have.

Leave a comment:

• TheInvoicer
    replied
    [QUOTE=eatenrifles;2725835]I had a reply from my MP which included a letter from Jesse Norman to 'address my concerns'.

.[*]There is no evidence of large corporations taking blanket decisions.

Absolute pish, again shows the scale of lying that goes on. We see it in ir35 and just makes you realise this scale of BS probably goes across all political points.

Norman is a muppet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Also, if you gave your true name and contact details to such a government body, isn't that just making yourself an easier target for HMRC/Gov ?? (although it would make no difference to whether you win or lose).

If they accepted snail-mail submissions then I might have written in without leaving a trace.
    Set up a fake email address then.

If they can't attribute the comments to a real person, how do they know it's not spam?

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    on the contrary to most posts here, I see this as a VERY significant development. This and the loan charge article on the main page. It seems to me that FINALLY, somebody is listening.

Leave a comment:

• PTP
    replied
    Also, if you gave your true name and contact details to such a government body, isn't that just making yourself an easier target for HMRC/Gov ?? (although it would make no difference to whether you win or lose).

If they accepted snail-mail submissions then I might have written in without leaving a trace.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I had a reply from my MP which included a letter from Jesse Norman to 'address my concerns'.

• There is widespread non-conformance to the rules. - note the use of rules rather than law
    • Everyone should pay the right amount of tax. - fully agree. It is HMRC who want to flout the law
    • The roll out to the public sector was successful and raised more tax than expected. - HMRC lied
    • There is no evidence of large corporations taking blanket decisions. - Another lie
    • And even if there was, they've put a dispute process in place to protect contractors. - ROFL

But I'm not really telling anyone anything they don't already know. - Indeed
    Comments in bold

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied

• There is widespread non-conformance to the rules.
    • Everyone should pay the right amount of tax.
    • The roll out to the public sector was successful and raised more tax than expected.
    • There is no evidence of large corporations taking blanket decisions.
    • And even if there was, they've put a dispute process in place to protect contractors.

But I'm not really telling anyone anything they don't already know.
    The roll out to the public sector was successful and raised more tax than expected.
    they hadn't had a complete cycle to be able to claim that. It's surprising that the response to these false claims is so muted.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    At best, nothing. It could make things worse. Look at the LC review.
    GPWM

Part of me does wonder if they could use a lack of response as an indicator of no impact, without realising that a lack of response is due to a lack of faith that anything (positive, relatively speaking) will come of it.

Leave a comment:

• eatenrifles
    replied

• There is widespread non-conformance to the rules.
    • Everyone should pay the right amount of tax.
    • The roll out to the public sector was successful and raised more tax than expected.
    • There is no evidence of large corporations taking blanket decisions.
    • And even if there was, they've put a dispute process in place to protect contractors.

But I'm not really telling anyone anything they don't already know.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What good might this Lords committee review do
    At best, nothing. It could make things worse. Look at the LC review.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X