• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thinking of leaving IT over IR35?"

Collapse

• PeterSim
    replied
    Its OK I will shut up. Leave it here.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterSim View Post
    Look at the expenses that they put through

https://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/757

That does not look like expenses for an employee on PAYE
    It is if you are employing constituency staff and they go through expenses (as they do).

Now you really seem to have lost it today - now I know with the lose of your contract you are clearly angry but these completely stupid questions aren't doing you any favours.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Can we move this to general please. OP doesn't have a clue.

Leave a comment:

• PeterSim
    replied
    Look at the expenses that they put through

https://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/757

That does not look like expenses for an employee on PAYE

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    If they are all on PayE how did we have the expense scandal in the past?

Also how did I see them claiming expenses, I assume they claim expenses as an employee and claim it back then?
    Because there was a expenses policy that was very generous and even then they abused it.

Now it's not as generous as it was but it's still a lot as you need to maintain a property in London for 150+ nights a year and one near your constituency for a lot of the rest of the time.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Nonsense, they’re all on PAYE w/r to their salaries as MPs.
    and their salaries as Government Ministers..

Leave a comment:

• PeterSim
    replied
    If they are all on PayE how did we have the expense scandal in the past?

Also how did I see them claiming expenses, I assume they claim expenses as an employee and claim it back then?

As far as i am aware they all work behind PSC

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I know most of the politicians operate behind Personal service companies. So I hope to see them all put inside IR35 by April 6th as well.

No more expenses for me, no more expenses for them. It is only just.
    Nonsense, they’re all on PAYE w/r to their salaries as MPs.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I don't believe Members of the Lords receive payment for their parliamentary duties but dont let that fact ruin a perfectly good rant..
    They get a tax free allowance of a little over 300 quid per day for showing up, but the clue’s in the “tax free”.

Leave a comment:

• PeterSim
    replied
    I know most of the politicians operate behind Personal service companies. So I hope to see them all put inside IR35 by April 6th as well.

No more expenses for me, no more expenses for them. It is only just.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I don't believe Members of the Lords receive payment for their parliamentary duties but dont let that fact ruin a perfectly good rant..
    The House of Lords and House of Commons are both outside the standard law for expenses and can and have set their own rules.

The rules are actually worse for them than a lot of companies (I used to travel 1st class to London and if I was on the same train as my local MP she would be in standard class).

Leave a comment:

• PeterSim
    replied
    They do operate behind limited companies though and do receive income related to their duties.

What about Lawyers that operate as consultants, they will also need to be deemed inside. As well as accountants that operate as external consultants, they will also need to be deemed inside.

Even lawyers that operate as partners of a law firm and receive dividends, frankly, that seems more like an inside IR35 role and they should also be forced inside.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Not just them, i would think even all The Lords would be deemed inside IR35 as well. I know for a fact that they all operate personal service companies or PSC as HMRC like to call them.

Leave a comment:

• PeterSim
    replied
    Not just them, i would think even all The Lords would be deemed inside IR35 as well. I know for a fact that they all operate personal service companies or PSC as HMRC like to call them.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I thought the IR35 applies to all industries? or is it only IT that they are going after?

I would have thought even the politicians (including the PM) would be deemed inside IR35 because of how the work they do is already pre-determined and assigned by the client.

I hope Boris Johnson and Sajid Javid is prepared to go inside IR35! no more bird bath and wine tasting expenses for them lot!!!
    Inneresting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X