• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Taking inside IR35 PS role"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Normally I'd point out it's just one gig and look at the bigger contracting picture. The gig could fold before you walk in on the first day etc etc. But... Seems we are talking about you here, you've just come out of a PS gig, you are going in to another one. It looks like you've been pigeonholed now so could be safe to say you are a PS contractor now so shutting it might be an option I these circumstances. If you were in for one gig and likely to bounce out Id say different t.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Many of our contractors are using a brolly for Inside work and Ltd for outside.

E.g. "I was employed when I should have been employed. I use my Ltd for consultancy work Guvnor"
    Yes maybe thats the best idea. Of course, still have to pay for accountant whilst working as brolly. Although to be fair they do have a half price deal...

Since my end of year is in a month and I'm just starting in an inside IR35 that could well roll for a while, I do wonder if its going to be worth closing the company down. And then re-open afresh at next contract - if its outside.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by Semtex View Post
    correct DS you did, but you're not one of Eeks little minions which is why you were not mentioned
    As obsessed with him as you seem to be, I'm starting to wonder if you are his sockie.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Many of our contractors are using a brolly for Inside work and Ltd for outside.

E.g. "I was employed when I should have been employed. I use my Ltd for consultancy work Guvnor"

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Semtex View Post
    correct DS you did, but you're not one of Eeks little minions which is why you were not mentioned
    Heres hoping all the many newcomers will contribute as much and pick up the slack.

I won't hold my breath

Leave a comment:

• Semtex
    replied
    Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    And yours truly

Leave a comment:

• DotasScandal
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    As what Eek predicted....
    And yours truly

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    IR35 inspectors to probe public PSCs retrospectively :: Contractor UK

Source is QDos, so not guaranteed they will come after you but I'd certainly put my mortgage on Hector trying it on.

qh
    As what Eek predicted....

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    IR35 inspectors to probe public PSCs retrospectively :: Contractor UK

Source is QDos, so not guaranteed they will come after you but I'd certainly put my mortgage on Hector trying it on.

qh

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Why not have a look at the FAQ and see what that says?
    Speaking of FAQs, FAQQer, could you put together an FAQ for public sector IR35?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    So whats the best approach if you've already got a limited company?

Since there are no expenses is it better to just go umbrella or something like paystream?

I guess you'd still need to keep paying things like accountants, ipse membership, insurance though. But you'd have no money coming into the limited for this?

Is that right?
    In the nicest possible way, you have been operating 'borderline' 'it is what it is' IR35 on your BAU work for ages. Take this opportunity to close down the Ltd and work through an umbrella. You should be pretty safe then.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Link?
    If I recall it was on here, let me see if I can find it.

qh

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    The fact that HMRC have stated that if you work inside IR35, (in the PS) then they're gonna come after you for some back tax.
    Link?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    The fact that HMRC have stated that if you work inside IR35, (in the PS) then they're gonna come after you for some back tax.

Do you really want to faff about with a Brolly?

Walk. The. F**k. Away.

qh

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Couple of questions:-

1. Any advantage at all with staying limited rather than umbrella if its PS inside IR35?

2. Assume its less hassle for agency if you go umbrella? (because otherwise they'd have to sort the tax rather than umbrella doing it?)

3. Are agencies generally paying less if you dont use an umbrella? see question 2.
    1) Have you read the FAQ?

2) Have you read the FAQ?

3) Who knows what each agency is paying? They might, they might not, they might even be cheaper than an umbrella. But you'd have to look at the agency and the umbrella and ask them what they are charging to be able to form an opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X