• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "24th Feb deadline for handing in your notice"

Collapse

• rob s
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    But inside means no expense for t&s anyway so 24month rule irrelevant
    Good point. When I was inside previously and via a brolly (some years ago), I was travelling down and staying during the week. So the expenses point is moot.

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    But inside means no expense for t&s anyway so 24month rule irrelevant

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by rob s View Post
    Double drat.

Leave a comment:

• rob s
    replied
    I have no idea where I got 2 miles from then. Reading the 101 thread it looks like 200 may be more appropriate. And I just turned down one of those. Double drat.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by b r View Post
    Different location.
    So what?

Edit : In fact.. Don't answer that. There is a 24 month rule thread for this discussion.

Leave a comment:

• b r
    replied
    2 miles? Expenses possible?"Explain. You were at uour last client over 24 months and you are thinking 2 miles resets the clock?
    Different location.

When a perm my office was at Brooklands and while I couldn't claim expenses into there from home I did with every other office irrelevant of how near/far/distance, including Chessington which I got to using the A3, ie passing within a mile of my 'home' office.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Don't see the issue the OP just needs to move house to a very different location

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rob s
    replied
    Drat.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I thought so but I'm guessing by your incredulous response that I'm woefully wrong.
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• rob s
    replied
    2 miles? Expenses possible?"Explain. You were at uour last client over 24 months and you are thinking 2 miles resets the clock?
    I thought so but I'm guessing by your incredulous response that I'm woefully wrong.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Well, I have next gig lined up, but it's public-private hybrid. Not FOI, but one could expect it to be part of the next round of targets assuming HMRC will continue the rollout.

Contract coming shortly, through agent swears is outside, and ofc I'll get it assessed, but I'm leery of assessments and trusting transient/uninformed client staff to accurately describe WP.

I'm thinking of playing safe and going inside even though I may legitimately be outside. I realise that sounds horrendous but I don't want to be in the same position a year from now where we all think we're outside but a ridiculously loaded 'test' or uninformed client puts everyone inside.

Plus it's more than 2 miles from current gig so some expenses may be possible if I remember my expenses rule correctly.
    Make sure you get your contracts, WPs, etc. reviewed regularly to keep you outside. If they tell you outside, take the outside and remember to set the money aside for six years.

oh and

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rob s
    replied
    Well, I have next gig lined up, but it's public-private hybrid. Not FOI, but one could expect it to be part of the next round of targets assuming HMRC will continue the rollout.

Contract coming shortly, through agent swears is outside, and ofc I'll get it assessed, but I'm leery of assessments and trusting transient/uninformed client staff to accurately describe WP.

I'm thinking of playing safe and going inside even though I may legitimately be outside. I realise that sounds horrendous but I don't want to be in the same position a year from now where we all think we're outside but a ridiculously loaded 'test' or uninformed client puts everyone inside.

Plus it's more than 2 miles from current gig so some expenses may be possible if I remember my expenses rule correctly.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I have a feeling, if the BETs were anything to go by, that isn't a given.
    I would actually have gone for however I actually suspect that getting a pass is going to be far far harder...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X