• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Light at the end of the tunnel"

Collapse

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by YinYang View Post
    I lurked in a few threads and noted a post where some couldn't believe new people were still signing up for these schemes. Sadly the answer is Yes they are.
    Firms still selling these schemes must be bordering on fraud because they must know that there isn't a cat in hell's chance of them working.

If they've got QC opinions, backing the schemes, they must be using well dodgy QCs.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Well done. Good to hear you escaped almost unscathed. If there were loans involved, what happened to them? Are they still open? I think others will be very interested. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• YinYang
    started a topic Light at the end of the tunnel

Light at the end of the tunnel

I signed up to a dodgy umbrella mid-tax year in 2019-20. HMRC sent letters saying I might be in a tax avoidance scheme etc etc. I got out of it quickly and set up with a proper umbrella and HMRC sent me a notice to do a tax return. I panicked for months, so much that I couldn't get round to it until January. However, I got an accountant to straighten it all out and the end figure was a lot less than I had estimated (because obviously you don't go straight to 40% after the personal allowance duh! )

It was silly if me not to do my research before signing up in the first place but I have been relatively fortunate to have the mess contained in one year and paid back quickly. I lurked in a few threads and noted a post where some couldn't believe new people were still signing up for these schemes. Sadly the answer is Yes they are.

Working...
X