• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hoey - next steps

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hoey - next steps"

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Any news?
    Bobby got banned from here

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• dammit chloe
    replied
    Any news?
    Think there is a problem with creating expectation like this person has. Yes, things are being worked on but to put timelines and expectations out there is asking for a fall. Westminster politics doesn't work to other people's expectations, only its own interests.

And I feel like I am repeating myself here.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbydazzler75 View Post
    Again, no need for anyone to believe a word that I say but will, without any doubt whatsoever, all come out in the wash. To answer your question... very likely by end of next week...
    Any news?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Totally agree.

Lots of tax people cut their teeth at HMRC. Questioning the WTT strategy is fair enough but I think suggesting that their staff might be somehow colluding with HMRC is a step too far.
    In fact, I would suggest it's absurd to go that far.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
    No. People learn the tax trade within HMRC and then go off to make some money out of their knowledge of the goobledygook tax system. I doubt HMRC breeds any loyalty.
    Totally agree.

Lots of tax people cut their teeth at HMRC. Questioning the WTT strategy is fair enough but I think suggesting that their staff might be somehow colluding with HMRC is a step too far.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Iter View Post
    A lot of staff are now ex HMRC. I have wondered for a while based on their advice given whether they are actually working on the inside! I hope not as tbf they have always seemed very genuine.
    Well, being effectively a double agent would be a very dangerous game to play. I can't imagine, (though recognise it's possible) anyone with a shred of credibility could pull that one off. It'd be like pulling a pin out of a grenade whilst still holding it.

Leave a comment:

• dammit chloe
    replied
    A lot of staff are now ex HMRC. I have wondered for a while based on their advice given whether they are actually working on the inside! I hope not as tbf they have always seemed very genuine.
    No. People learn the tax trade within HMRC and then go off to make some money out of their knowledge of the goobledygook tax system. I doubt HMRC breeds any loyalty.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    I don't believe that for a minute.

The issue is, currently no-one has an answer for HMRC claiming they have discretion to disapply the PAYE regs and transfer liability from an intermediary to the users.

Even if the Kray twins were running an agency, HMRC would let them off the hook so they could nail the scheme users.

Leave a comment:

• Iter
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I am beggining to wonder. I really hope not. It'd be the biggest scam of all if it was.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by starstruck View Post
    WTF! Why would anyone do that?

And why not just block that account and report them to the police for blackmail? Wtt know the identities of everyone on the BG forum. Ah ... or do you mean that that threat was made on this forum? I can see that would be more complex.
    It was made here.

I know it's crazy right?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Pennydroppers View Post
    It's a scandal unfolding
    I am beggining to wonder. I really hope not. It'd be the biggest scam of all if it was.

Leave a comment:

• dammit chloe
    replied
    Originally posted by starstruck View Post
    WTF! Why would anyone do that.
    There seem to be some, on both sides, that now have an anarchic state of mind.

Leave a comment:

• starstruck
    replied
    One of the posts that was removed basically said if they didn't take down the BG forum then they would send all the details and screen shots they had gathered to HMRC.
    WTF! Why would anyone do that?

And why not just block that account and report them to the police for blackmail? Wtt know the identities of everyone on the BG forum. Ah ... or do you mean that that threat was made on this forum? I can see that would be more complex.
    Last edited by starstruck; 30 April 2020, 11:47.

Leave a comment:

• Pennydroppers
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I have no skin in this game. But maybe, just maybe, if the wheels haven't yet fallen off that band wagon, then they are all loose and wobbly? I watch with interest. There could be a good book in this whole story one day for someone to wrtie.
    It's a scandal unfolding

Leave a comment:

• CockneyRed
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    That's not entirely fair.

They do have a strategy but it's basically the same as all the other groups. Unfortunately, this has already failed in court.

They claim they have something extra, a "secret sauce". Another advisor Saleos, who was involved in the court cases, accused them earlier in this thread of having nothing, of misleading their members. The implication being the "secret sauce" is smoke and mirrors, a subterfuge.
    What isn't fair is charging a monthly fee for years without any evidence of this 'secret 'sauce and claims of FTT etc which also haven't materialised. Perhaps these wheels are indeed wobbly and people are establishing the truth. Who knows??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X