• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Phone Scam

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Phone Scam"

Collapse

• Paralytic
    replied
    I've not had this one, but if I've a spare 20 or 30 minutes, I like to play along and keep them on the phone for a bit, then laugh when they get to the end of their scam. I've been hung up on a few times.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I solve that by not picking up the landline phone or just ending the call.

Leave a comment:

• NickLeeson2
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitchphil View Post
    I got a recorded message today purporting to be from HMRC DR team, it made legal threats & gave a call back number & ref & officers name threatening legal action if I didn't call back with my solicitors present within 48hrs.

The Ref didn't = any HMRC ref.
    The number wasn't listed on 'Who called me'. 07429684339 (its listed now!)
    HMRC confirmed its a scam & advised to beware of another one that uses a cloned the HMRC 300 number.

Be careful out there other scumbags are circling too, but what worries me is other than here (& my phone & name isn't listed) how do they know I am in discussion with HMRC DR over my possible liabilities?

NB Moderators - if in the wrong forum place? please move, or remove after a few days?

I had the same/ similar one. Instructed me that if I didn't press one then a warrant for my arrest would be activated.

Leave a comment:

• Hitchphil
    started a topic Phone Scam

Phone Scam

I got a recorded message today purporting to be from HMRC DR team, it made legal threats & gave a call back number & ref & officers name threatening legal action if I didn't call back with my solicitors present within 48hrs.

The Ref didn't = any HMRC ref.
    The number wasn't listed on 'Who called me'. 07429684339 (its listed now!)
    HMRC confirmed its a scam & advised to beware of another one that uses a cloned the HMRC 300 number.

Be careful out there other scumbags are circling too, but what worries me is other than here (& my phone & name isn't listed) how do they know I am in discussion with HMRC DR over my possible liabilities?

NB Moderators - if in the wrong forum place? please move, or remove after a few days?
    Last edited by Hitchphil; 24 October 2019, 10:10.

Working...
X