• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Phil@DWSTRES

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Phil@DWSTRES"

Collapse

• Dharmin
    replied
    Get well soon Phil....

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied
    Thanks all

I'm fine now and on train back to Manchester.
    Receiving quite quite a few funny looks thanks to my hospital clothing (mine were cut off me upon arrival as i looked a bloody mess) and also as my face currently looks like i've been through 12 rounds with Tyson.
    Still...im in one piece (just) so thanks for all the nice messages i've received, most appreciated.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• starstruck
    replied
    Get well soon!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dmac
    replied
    Look out

Watch out for a visit by the authorities, Phil. They're passing a law making falling down the stairs an offence, and back-dating it to include your fall.

Who knew that the authorities were allowed to do that??

Anyways, hope you're up and about shortly!

Leave a comment:

• piebaps
    replied
    Get well soon Phil and FFS stop working when you're in hospital.

Leave a comment:

• Endofdays
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Phil claims he fell down one flight of steps.

HMRC are claiming that he avoided falling down other steps, so they will be calling round in a couple of years to beat him up to make up for the injuries he didn't get due to him being in a trip avoidance scheme.
    Man City have decided not to sign him, because they want players who can fall down of their own accord, act like someone else did it and that they are in pain, then get up again a few seconds later.
    Chuckle _) on a serious note get well soon

Phil I hoped you tripped over in business hours. AlaobI've heard Mel and Jons get well soon card is in the post expect it in about 15 years time

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Phil claims he fell down one flight of steps.

HMRC are claiming that he avoided falling down other steps, so they will be calling round in a couple of years to beat him up to make up for the injuries he didn't get due to him being in a trip avoidance scheme.
    Man City have decided not to sign him, because they want players who can fall down of their own accord, act like someone else did it and that they are in pain, then get up again a few seconds later.

Leave a comment:

• cgmh100
    replied
    Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
    Hi - just quickly logged on from hospital bed as I was told about this thread. All is fine - and ill be back working from Saturday.
    The fact that this thread even exists is lovely and v much appreciated.

In short - I ran up some stairs (outside, so concrete ones) and it seems likely that I then fainted and fell backwards down them. The last thing I recall was standing at the top regretting having ran as It made me feel dizzy. Head now been stitched back together and all scans indicate no obvious long term damage. The accident looked a lot worse than the actual damage

Amusingly the concussion meant I spent this morning thinking it was the year 2014 which means for a while in my head I was still working for Counter Avoidance of HMRC.

Everything gradually back to normal and now going to rest so will catch up on emails etc Saturday (for once im taking the sensible route and having tomorrow away from work).
    Sorry to hear about your accident phil! I hope you make a speedy recovery and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Leave a comment:

• Aki1
    replied
    Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
    Hi - just quickly logged on from hospital bed as I was told about this thread. All is fine - and ill be back working from Saturday.

In short - I ran up some stairs (outside, so concrete ones) and it seems likely that I then fainted and fell backwards down them. The last thing I recall was standing at the top regretting having ran as It made me feel dizzy. Head now been stitched back together and all scans indicate no obvious long term damage. The accident looked a lot worse than the actual damage

Amusingly the concussion meant I spent this morning thinking it was the year 2014 which means for a while in my head I was still working for Counter Avoidance of HMRC.

Everything gradually back to normal and now going to rest so will catch up on emails etc Saturday (for once im taking the sensible route and having tomorrow away from work).

This made me smile - you are unwell and you still logon - take a few days off - from an ex-nurse concussion can take a while to recover from -

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aki1
    replied
    Get well soon Phil - sad to hear you have ended up in Hospital

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Get well soon Phil!

Leave a comment:

• dammit chloe
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    I would echo those thoughts.

We had arranged to see Phil today so perhaps the HMRC undercover types are responsible?

Get well soon.
    That thought passed through my mind too, that's the level of trust I now have in our state.

Had a good chat with him the other night and he is one of the good guys. Get well very soon! We need you.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    I would echo those thoughts.

We had arranged to see Phil today so perhaps the HMRC undercover types are responsible?

Get well soon.

Leave a comment:

• me206et
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If you've been trying to contact Phil, he's currently in hospital following a serious accident. Tim, his colleague is off on holiday this week, so they would appreciate if you can bear with them at this time, they hope to be back to normal next week.

Get well soon, Phil.
    Also get well soon Phil. Hope its not to serious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X