• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did you have a nice weekend?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Thanks for asking. Took the missus to Seaforth to see the iron men on the beach, then a brisk 4 miler before adjourning for a pub lunch near the narrow boats on the canal.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Yes thank you.

I managed to sort the garden out Saturday then had a fantastic bbq with some great wine. I'm taking credit for everything including the wine and weather.

Sunday, spent most of it in traffic jams. Surprised how many people want to kill themselves and others in road traffic accidents. But had a nice lovely day out at the beach in wales.

Have a sun burnt head where my triple crown is.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    In a shameless demonstration of my immaturity I went out with my son and we both got plastered. Curry/comedy club/last train home. He really needs to grow up, I think.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Yes thanks, I made a couple of posts on Contractoruk.com.
    one of them telling someone to hang a pair of meracas from his goolies.

Or was it three?

I'm bored....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    great weekend thanks

little one's Birthday party BBQ & Beer with family & friends.

only down side was that the Garage door broke in the morning, our spare fridge & freezer is in there so we had fun getting the burgers out.

just enough food & booze so perfectly planned thanks Mrs V.

Little lady was totally knackered after it so I got a decent nights sleep.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Knackered. I told your wife I was seeing her sister when i was banging her from behind and had to hang on for dear life. Think I've popped my shoulder.

bit like this? with sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Pa657Az_0

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Did you have a nice weekend?

Get up to anything nice?
    What should have been a few quick system checks turned into a day and a half working. Joyous.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    I fell out of a plane attached to a lovely man with a parachute - it was most excellent

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Get up to anything nice?
    Knackered. I told your wife I was seeing her sister when i was banging her from behind and had to hang on for dear life. Think I've popped my shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I spent most of Saturday catching up on admin, and then yesterday I went over to help fix a friends bike. I then massively underestimated the heat and foolishly went for an 8 mile tab. I'm now sore and a little sunburnt.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    It had its highs and lows!

On Saturday we spent 11 hours sorting the garage and made a total of 4 dump runs and 1 charity shop run. I also have a stack of things to give away or dump if no one wants them.

On Sunday it was my father in law's birthday bbq which was great and then, after putting the kids to bed, I went over to get refitted and remeasured for my new armour. I wore the body protection as the armourer walloped it was a large hammer and barely felt a thing, which was nice. We also had a chat about armour developments and the future of the art which is a nice way to relax after a manic weekend.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Get up to anything nice?
    Yes thank you.

Went up to Alice Holt parkrun on Saturday to run up and down the hills. Then had TdF marshall training - quite fancy the flag waving role - standing on a bollard in the middle of the road waving a yellow flag. Probably suits me better than interacting with people. Got my uniform - hideous and about 17 sizes too big for me - apparently I'm to wear it with pride. I've attacked the T-shirt with the sewing machine, but not sure much can be done with the clown trousers.

Sunday, did a nice 40 mile bike ride with the guys from clientCo. Bangers and mash for tea.

What about you.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Yes thanks; BGG & I saw Penn & Teller live & they were very good

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic Did you have a nice weekend?

Get up to anything nice?

Working...
X