• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agents - WTF? I'm bored, get me outta here!"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    What did you say to him (my reply would be that until I am sat at the desk with a signed contract in my back pocket I will continue to apply for roles, nothing taken for granted!)
    Unfortunately I was caught seriously off guard (this is a permie role rather than a contract) and I blagged that I had been trying to stop JobSever sending me notifications as they are annoying (true) and the interface had lagged and I ended up almost deleting my account so had pressed back a few times and tried to cancel whatever I had done but the IE had crashed.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I applied for another position even though I have an offer as it is about 40k more. I got a phone call from the agent who got me an offer asking what I was doing, apparently he has some kind of alert setup on JobServe, I also got a mail from an agent I spoke to previously whom I told I was no longer available.

They seem to be much more proactive in protecting their investment than they used to be.
    Surely that violates some data protection law or other, why is Jobserve (for a fee I imagine) keeping another agent in the loop about what else you're applying for when its none of his business.

What did you say to him (my reply would be that until I am sat at the desk with a signed contract in my back pocket I will continue to apply for roles, nothing taken for granted!)

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Agents have started to get snotty about me leaving my CV on jobboards after starting my new contract. Several have asked me to remove it as they're wasting too much time chasing contractors who aren't available. Market must be hot
    I applied for another position even though I have an offer as it is about 40k more. I got a phone call from the agent who got me an offer asking what I was doing, apparently he has some kind of alert setup on JobServe, I also got a mail from an agent I spoke to previously whom I told I was no longer available.

They seem to be much more proactive in protecting their investment than they used to be.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Agents have started to get snotty about me leaving my CV on jobboards after starting my new contract. Several have asked me to remove it as they're wasting too much time chasing contractors who aren't available. Market must be hot

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Here's mine :

You are perfectly qualified to be an agent then.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Only been at it for 4.5 years, but haven't had a 'worst year' yet. Largely down to current clientCo who seem to like me and keep renewing.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Nope, 2009 was the worst for me - this year's been brill!
    2008 was my worst year. Since then i've been doing nicely thankyou.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderboy View Post
    This thread is completely meaningless unless people state their skillsets.
    Here's mine :

Leave a comment:

• wonderboy
    replied
    This thread is completely meaningless unless people state their skillsets.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm so much in demand, I've had to up my rate.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    I've no prior years to compare to, but my first ever contract came easy, and I get loads of calls & emails & linkedIn messages. I can't say how much of that interest would possibly lead to anything, but it doesn't sound like your description - and while there are certain aspects of my CV which are good, I'm far from an established guru at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    I'd say demand for you is falling.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    I'd say demand for your product is falling.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Personally had the best year so far....

Is this another troll post?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Applied for three roles and got offered three roles in 2013/14 so can't complain either....

1078 gig since November doesn't seem right. You are saying you were a perfect match for all of those? From the responses you got I would say you aren't and need to look more closely at what you are applying for rather than a scatter gun approach.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X