• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: convert or sell?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "convert or sell?"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'll tell my Vietnamese mates to look out for it in the estate agents, they will fill it full of stinky weed and rig the leckie.
    That's a long way to go to find some mates. Perhaps you should try changing your banter.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    My one-bed is though. It's the bottom half of one of those converted detached sandstones villas with garden all the way round. It's the posh man.
    I'll tell my Vietnamese mates to look out for it in the estate agents, they will fill it full of stinky weed and rig the leckie.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I can see the Sherbrooke hotel from where I am sitting.

Houses are posh, flats not so posh, one bedroom flats definitely not posh.
    My one-bed is though. It's the bottom half of one of those converted detached sandstones villas with garden all the way round. It's the posh man.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Pollokshields is the posh, west end is full of students.
    I can see the Sherbrooke hotel from where I am sitting.

Houses are posh, flats not so posh, one bedroom flats definitely not posh.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    As has been said by others, but also to add there are 3 bedroom flats in the west end on that list for less than you are claiming you will get for a one bedroom flat in the tulipehole that is Pollokshields.
    Pollokshields is the posh, west end is full of students.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I don't understand.
    As has been said by others, but also to add there are 3 bedroom flats in the west end on that list for less than you are claiming you will get for a one bedroom flat in the tulipehole that is Pollokshields.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If that was a set of LET properties I could believe it. It looks more like a list of unfulfilled chancers to me...
    +1, I'd understand if it was the Olympics, Wimbledon or the World Cup but come on the Commonwealth games is hardly up there with those events!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I don't understand.
    If that was a set of LET properties I could believe it. It looks more like a list of unfulfilled chancers to me...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    FFS, you talk some amount of absolute tulipe.
    I don't understand.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I've asked the tenant to leave before the end of July, could let it for £10k over the commonwealth games, which would pay for the conversion. Or that's the thinking.
    FFS, you talk some amount of absolute tulipe.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I've asked the tenant to leave before the end of July, could let it for £10k over the commonwealth games, which would pay for the conversion. Or that's the thinking.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I've got a one-bedroom flat in Glasgow. Lets for £615 PCM. A few years back we discovered a basement area under the lounge, full of builders waste. I paid someone to clear it out and install a hatch. It's the size of another room. Anyone have experience of converting a basement and the costs involved?
    Call the council, pay for a pre-planning assessment (something like £100) , where a planning officer will come round and advise you on how to convert and meet all building control requirements.

Sounds like a decent return already though.

And check that there will be demand for a basement room.

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Josef Fritzl?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    started a topic convert or sell?

convert or sell?

I've got a one-bedroom flat in Glasgow. Lets for £615 PCM. A few years back we discovered a basement area under the lounge, full of builders waste. I paid someone to clear it out and install a hatch. It's the size of another room. Anyone have experience of converting a basement and the costs involved?

Working...
X