• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cherries

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cherries"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I had two cherry trees at my house in blighty, I managed one cherry in 4 years, the birds got to them every year
    I've no idea why it fruited as much or why the fruit wasn't nabbed by the birdies humans certainly found them snaffleable (sp).
    It wasn't an old tree, we planted bought it from some garden center, it grew for a year or so then it fruited like bonkers every year as it grew a bit taller.

Damned if I know where it was getting pollinated from either as I never noticed other trees around.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Seems likely. Having a tree for some years certainly sharpened mine.

Had a neighbour who made jams too, had a shelf full every year
    I had two cherry trees at my house in blighty, I managed one cherry in 4 years, the birds got to them every year

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    We used to have a tree in one of the houses I grew up in. I think that might have started my addiction.
    Seems likely. Having a tree for some years certainly sharpened mine.

Had a neighbour who made jams too, had a shelf full every year

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Cherries, really nice fruit, fresh (chilled a bit) or cooked yum.

Old house had a lovely cherry tree, some dark variety, fruited like mad every year, used to give carrier bags away to anyone that wanted them
    We used to have a tree in one of the houses I grew up in. I think that might have started my addiction.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Cherries, really nice fruit, fresh (chilled a bit) or cooked yum.

Old house had a lovely cherry tree, some dark variety, fruited like mad every year, used to give carrier bags away to anyone that wanted them

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    I may have to pop over to New Malden then. I love cherries.
    That's the place. Korea foods, just up past the B&Q off the A3. Fantastic shop. I got a big bag of frozen salt and pepper squid as well, that's another favourite of mine.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Yes all the major supermarkets are well overpriced. These were from my local Korean supermarket but I had a pound for £2.50 off a market stall in town the other week as well. These are better quality as well, lovely sweet juicy ones.
    I may have to pop over to New Malden then. I love cherries.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Red Poo in the Morning, for Doodab's Delight?
    Red poo in the morning, sewage pipe warning. Red poo at night, Doodab's delight.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Where did you find them? Sainsburys were selling what looked like about 15 cherries for £2 when I popped in on Tuesday.
    Yes all the major supermarkets are well overpriced. These were from my local Korean supermarket but I had a pound for £2.50 off a market stall in town the other week as well. These are better quality as well, lovely sweet juicy ones.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    You could try concentrated cherry juice from the health food shop. 30ml in 220ml water
    I eat cherries because I like cherries. If I just wanted a massive tulip I have a selection of prescription laxatives to choose from.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    I got 2kg for £12
    Where did you find them? Sainsburys were selling what looked like about 15 cherries for £2 when I popped in on Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Red poo then.
    Red Poo in the Morning, for Doodab's Delight?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I have managed about 1/2 a kilo so far. I am expecting a superb morning event.
    Red poo then.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    You could try concentrated cherry juice from the health food shop. 30ml in 220ml water

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I have managed about 1/2 a kilo so far. I am expecting a superb morning event.
    Think you mean movement??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X