• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Exhilaration

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Exhilaration"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Wow.. Just been taken for a spin in a Ferrari Testarossa (one of the regulars in my local, in case you're wondering).

Quick blast up the A30 and back but the golden moment came as we turned onto Crewkerne High Street.

A group of youths that were stood on the corner did a double take and in slow motion their lips mouthed the word "Ferr-rarr-ee" in unison as we cruised past with Phil Collins' Sussudio blaring out.

What a buzz!

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Wotever.....

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    70s

Never heard Supper's Ready?

I'm sure one of the many prog rock fans that frequent these boards can help me with this one. There was a track by Genesis in which a young Peter Gabriel would take the stage wearing a floppy hat with a piece of straw hanging out of his mouth, thus looking like some kind of country bumpkin. Anyone know what this track was called? It was absolutely awesome but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Nor do I have the Googling skills to identify it either .

Phil Collins - Wikiquote

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Not to mention the fact that I can't stand Phil Collins or Genesis
    I did wonder.

IIRC one of his was the first song after our wedding (chosen by the DJ - not having been invited to (m)any weddings, I had no idea we were supposed to pick a 'first song'), but the whole day is a bit of a blur...

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I did think it was unusually loquacious for a gentleman of few words such as yourself.
    Not to mention the fact that I can't stand Phil Collins or Genesis

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Phil Collins' solo efforts seem to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way
    ... taking the time to quote from the sections of a novel designed to flesh out the character of the protagonist who is actually insane....

whoo ... whole new levels of post-modernism going on here. This thread needs two alternate endings...

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Don't blame me, I didn't write it
    Oh, I see. You're being facetious...

Personally, I've been a huge fan ever since the Paperlate E.P. Not so familiar with the Gabriel era stuff though.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I did think it was unusually loquacious for a gentleman of few words such as yourself.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Maybe he's talking about the long haired chap in the foreground.

PS Oh yeh, JK was done for that too. Forgot.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 26 May 2014, 18:15.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    The man who discovered Genesis:

What are you saying? That he was a dirty old paedo?

Well, he was. He discovered a lot of other acts of the 70s too...

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    70s

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    YES!!!

Thank you for that.

Absolute class. What a performer Mr Gabriel was!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    70s

I'm sure one of the many prog rock fans that frequent these boards can help me with this one. There was a track by Genesis in which a young Peter Gabriel would take the stage wearing a floppy hat with a piece of straw hanging out of his mouth, thus looking like some kind of country bumpkin. Anyone know what this track was called? It was absolutely awesome but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Nor do I have the Googling skills to identify it either .

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The man who discovered Genesis:

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Phil Collins' solo efforts seem to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way, especially No Jacket Required and songs like "In the Air Tonight" and "Against All Odds" (though that song was overshadowed by the masterful movie from which it came) and "Take Me Home" and "Sussudio" (great, great song; a personal favorite) and his remake of "You Can't Hurry Love," which I’m not alone in thinking is better than the Supremes' original. But I also think that Phil Collins works better within the confines of the group than as a solo artist - and I stress the word artist. In fact it applies to all three of the guys, because Genesis is still the best, most exciting band to come out of England in the 1980s.
    70s

Leave a comment:

Working...
X