• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exhilaration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    70s

Never heard Supper's Ready?

I'm sure one of the many prog rock fans that frequent these boards can help me with this one. There was a track by Genesis in which a young Peter Gabriel would take the stage wearing a floppy hat with a piece of straw hanging out of his mouth, thus looking like some kind of country bumpkin. Anyone know what this track was called? It was absolutely awesome but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Nor do I have the Googling skills to identify it either .

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      YES!!!

Thank you for that.

Absolute class. What a performer Mr Gabriel was!

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        70s
        Don't blame me, I didn't write it

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          The man who discovered Genesis:

What are you saying? That he was a dirty old paedo?

Well, he was. He discovered a lot of other acts of the 70s too...

Comment

Maybe he's talking about the long haired chap in the foreground.

PS Oh yeh, JK was done for that too. Forgot.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 26 May 2014, 18:15.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I did think it was unusually loquacious for a gentleman of few words such as yourself.

Comment

Oh, I see. You're being facetious...

Personally, I've been a huge fan ever since the Paperlate E.P. Not so familiar with the Gabriel era stuff though.

Comment

Phil Collins' solo efforts seem to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way
                  ... taking the time to quote from the sections of a novel designed to flesh out the character of the protagonist who is actually insane....

whoo ... whole new levels of post-modernism going on here. This thread needs two alternate endings...
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I did think it was unusually loquacious for a gentleman of few words such as yourself.
                    Not to mention the fact that I can't stand Phil Collins or Genesis

Comment

Not to mention the fact that I can't stand Phil Collins or Genesis
                      I did wonder.

IIRC one of his was the first song after our wedding (chosen by the DJ - not having been invited to (m)any weddings, I had no idea we were supposed to pick a 'first song'), but the whole day is a bit of a blur...

Comment

Working...
                      X