• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PM for Russell Crowe"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    If you want the true story of Noah's arc, including how is actually worked in the end then it is all here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_BzWUuZN5w

Well .. there and in part 2 of it.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It was an awful film but considering the original script about the best anyone could do.

Having giant rock-covered fallen angels to help out actually made the idea that one man and his family could build a 41,000 M3 vessel complete with suitable storage for about 60,000 land-dwelling vertebrates and 1m invertebrates slightly more credible. Putting them all to sleep was also a lot more believable than the idea he could find 40 days worth of food for all of them without any eating each other.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I haven't seen it but I heard that he couldn't quite decide what his accent was supposed to be. Cornish, Irish, Cockney etc
    It was bad but not at the level of Sean Connery in The Hunt For Red October bad

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    It did. I meant more specifically that Crowe was decent in it.
    I haven't seen it but I heard that he couldn't quite decide what his accent was supposed to be. Cornish, Irish, Cockney etc

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    It dragged for me, the whole film seemed draw out and just setting the scene for a sequel
    It did. I meant more specifically that Crowe was decent in it.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    I quite liked 3:10 to Yuma, but that the last thing I've seen him in that I really remember
    Ohyeah... i forgot about that. That was great.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    I quite liked 3:10 to Yuma, but that the last thing I've seen him in that I really remember

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Not my cup of tea, sadly.

Have to agree with MF, it's all gone downhill since Gladiator

Completely agree there. Gladiator was an epic and it was going to be difficult to match it. There have been some bright spots in between but I reckon he will forever try to best Gladiator and it wont happen.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So in conclusion if you want a film about the Ark, watch Evan Almighty instead?
    I actually told people this at church on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    He was in another film with a boat too wasn't he?

So in conclusion if you want a film about the Ark, watch Evan Almighty instead?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I though robin hood was decent.
    It dragged for me, the whole film seemed draw out and just setting the scene for a sequel

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    I though robin hood was decent.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I fear we've all gone downhill since Gladiator!
    My sword fighting group has - that was the biggest film we were ever in

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post

I fear we've all gone downhill since Gladiator!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Yes but, I think I represent a lot of the ladies on here who 'appreciate the aesthetics', and don't give a .... about skill in certain cases. That pretty much applies to fellas too, you can have yours, but he is one of ours

Leave a comment:

Working...
X