• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent trying to work out my income for role"

Collapse

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    At least you're getting calls.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Tell them if they throw in free drugs and hookers for every day you'll take it, if that doesn't make them go away they're insane

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Hmmm. So agent phones. Rate is £100 lower than normal for me and it would mean at least a few nights week away.

So agent has now emailed me with his 'estimate' of how much hotels, petrol, tax costs and asked me if £x per month is enough to live on.

Obviously struggling to get someone.
    I thought £72.40 per week plus a warrant for the bus fare was your bottom line. Quote 10% more than that to leave space for negotiation.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The expenses aren't on top of the daily rate. The agent is saying here is £50 and a magic bean, surely that's enough to live on...
    Yep. Agent is trying to tell me that with day rate at x even if I have to pay hotel, travel, tax etc I'll still have Y which is loads.

Y is not loads and who knows how he worked this out because I dont know.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    I must be missing something here.

Surely )(normal day rate - £100) + (£125/ night hotel + Mileage)) > normal day rate?

Can't you say you'd be happy to work for (low day rate + generous expenses)?
    The expenses aren't on top of the daily rate. The agent is saying here is £50 and a magic bean, surely that's enough to live on...

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Hmmm. So agent phones. Rate is £100 lower than normal for me and it would mean at least a few nights week away.

So agent has now emailed me with his 'estimate' of how much hotels, petrol, tax costs and asked me if £x per month is enough to live on.

Obviously struggling to get someone.
    I must be missing something here.

Surely )(normal day rate - £100) + (£125/ night hotel + Mileage)) > normal day rate?

Can't you say you'd be happy to work for (low day rate + generous expenses)?

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    he said if I provided 2 references and they came back good, maybe the client would look at my rate. Yeh ok.
    And if they don't? You can still have the job, but at MY rate.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    And when the conversation was ended, he said if I provided 2 references and they came back good, maybe the client would look at my rate. Yeh ok.
    thank god for that I thought for a minute he was going soft

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    Just ask him for a flat day rate.
    (and not to bother being helpful)
    Or you just tell him what the rate you want.

Tell him that whether you stay at a B&B or the local Hilton is your decision and will come out of the flat day rate at your discretion.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    anything wrong with that?
    Im all for people making a living but its pushing it a bit when a pimp is trying to tell me how much I can make out of the deal. Like I said, its hardly based on fact, is it?

Like someone said, buy a car, its not the total figure you get told its how much per month to make it sound better.

Weird thing is I told pimp exactly how much my mininum yet he still tried this approach.

And when the conversation was ended, he said if I provided 2 references and they came back good, maybe the client would look at my rate. Yeh ok.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Yes. The word "role" is misspelled.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Nope, hence my shrug

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    *shrug*

He is trying to get a commission, that is how he pays his bills. Sounds like he is struggling to fill the roll so he is trying anything he can.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Sounds like a smaller piece of bread or a bigger filling might be in order
    Well yes he cannot fill his roll until he fills his role hence him trying so hard.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Sounds like he is struggling to fill the roll so he is trying anything he can.
    Sounds like a smaller piece of bread or a bigger filling might be in order

Leave a comment:

Working...
X