• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have broken a habit"

Collapse

• psionmark
    replied
    Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    Another thing I use is 'CREDITFOCUS Monthly Credit Monitoring Alert'. It came free with the Barclays Business account so I'm well aware of the state of the Consultancy I'm working through right now. Just wish I'd started using it before that Nick Phipps of RMI Recruitment took a weeks money off me.
    I could've done with that. He still owe's me about 5 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Thanks for your post Doogie. I'm sorry but the post of Suitys bitch was filled last Friday by Eek.
    What a well-reasoned comeback.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Thanks for your post Doogie. I'm sorry but the post of clueless muppet was filled last Friday by Suity.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Thanks for your post Doogie. I'm sorry but the post of Mrs Suity's bitch was filled last Friday by Eek.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nope. And the majority of people on CUK have been contracting since 2007, including myself, so that's no great boast even if it were true.
    Thanks for your post Doogie. I'm sorry but the post of Suitys bitch was filled last Friday by Eek.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    I would be happy with that if they agreed to my payment terms and looked good on the credit report.
    Thanks again. I don't have a good gut feeling about it. I don't feel they've been entirely straightforward with me. Their preferred peculiar payment terms suggest they can't factor payment. I think I will offer either payment up front or to work via an agency who can take the risk if they wish to. Working direct is unlikely to be acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I have been running my business for 7 years and through the toughest financial climate the world has ever seen
    Nope. And the majority of people on CUK have been contracting since 2007, including myself, so that's no great boast even if it were true.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    6 years.
    I would be happy with that if they agreed to my payment terms and looked good on the credit report.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    How long has the UK Ltd been trading?
    6 years. I didn't know you could have an Undisclosed Shareholder.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Further research...

Actually their Experian credit check says they're fine, because it ignores their ownership and poor cash position. And their ownership looks better than I initially thought because 10 days before their parent company (which owned the sole allocated share) went into liquidation, 999 shares were allocated to an undisclosed owner. Hmmm.
    How long has the UK Ltd been trading?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    How about invoicing the end client directly and paying the consultancy their cut once its received on the basis that your bank's credit checks said NO are you having a laugh....
    Further research...

Actually their Experian credit check says they're fine, because it ignores their ownership and poor cash position. And their ownership looks better than I initially thought because 10 days before their parent company (which owned the sole allocated share) went into liquidation, 999 shares were allocated to an undisclosed owner. Hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    How about invoicing the end client directly and paying the consultancy their cut once its received on the basis that your bank's credit checks said NO are you having a laugh....
    That is a possibility and I will raise it as another option, thanks. Actually, the consultancy can invoice directly for the cut. However, I don't think they'll go for that because of the questions that will be raised.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Another thing I use is 'CREDITFOCUS Monthly Credit Monitoring Alert'. It came free with the Barclays Business account so I'm well aware of the state of the Consultancy I'm working through right now. Just wish I'd started using it before that Nick Phipps of RMI Recruitment took a weeks money off me.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Thanks.

They're a consultancy, not an agency, so I think PCG Plus won't 'work'. I'm not sure I want to offer 30 days after monthly invoice = 60 days. I doubt they'll go for payment up front, but anything else seems like an unacceptable risk.

BTW, I have other full time contract work, but was going to run two clients part time /
    Last edited by eek; 9 June 2014, 09:04.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    You need to set your own payments terms (the maximum I would offer is 30 days after invoice) and since this lot look dodgy, factoring and pcgplus protection looks worthwhile.
    Thanks.

They're a consultancy, not an agency, so I think PCG Plus won't 'work'. I'm not sure I want to offer 30 days after monthly invoice = 60 days. I doubt they'll go for payment up front, but anything else seems like an unacceptable risk.

BTW, I have other full time contract work, but was going to run two clients part time /

Leave a comment:

Working...
X