• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My first CUK Boom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My first CUK Boom"

Collapse

• Scruff
    replied
    SSE would be my guess?

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Well done - Hey Mister Tallyman, tally me

Please tell us how the Health and Safety Induction is?
    Well, when I first worked for them up in Scotlandshire the Elven Safety bloke told us we always had to have one hand on the handrail when walking up and down stairs. I asked him if a Risk Assessment had been done to confirm that the increased time lost because of communicable infections (colds, stomach bugs) caused by forcing everybody to touch the hand rails was less than the time lost arising from trips and falls. He mumbled something about there being plenty of alcohol hand sanitisers around the building, spluttered a bit more, then changed the subject.

I am fairly sure that meant '****, we never thought of that'.

I might just ask the same question again on Monday!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    You're hot when you're intelligent doog

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Seeing a pattern in hindsight doesn't mean it wasn't random. It only means this is unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    It could be random.
    Probably not, if indeed 'random' means a lack of predictability in the sequence.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Alright, alright - you pedantic tosspots.

Inappropriate, rather than random.
    It could be random.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Alright, alright - you pedantic tosspots.

Inappropriate, rather than random.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I see no random capitalisation - merely the capitalisation of every word in "A Large Utility Company On The South Coast" rather than revealing that the client is "United Utilities in Bournemouth".
    I initially thought that, but then realised that it could be random, although it is admittedly highly unlikely.

Another way of looking at it is that MP was using hyperbole to mock the OP for inappropriate capitalisation, and we should respect this IMVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVHO.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    wEll donE.

I am enJoyiNg the rAndom capiTalisAtion, too.
    I see no random capitalisation - merely the capitalisation of every word in "A Large Utility Company On The South Coast" rather than revealing that the client is "United Utilities in Bournemouth".

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Well done - Hey Mister Tallyman, tally me

Please tell us how the Health and Safety Induction is?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    wEll donE.

I am enJoyiNg the rAndom capiTalisAtion, too.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    Not much wrong with the world when you get to spend summer by the sea
    With luck, you'll have a window. It probably won't open, but at least you'll be able to look out at the sea and the beach and think "I'm stuck inside" for the summer months.

Have a to go with that happy thought.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    Typo fixed. Ta.
    Excellently done. I wish more people had your commitment to quality standards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X