• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm calling you recruiters out!"

Collapse

• wonderboy
    replied
    Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    Why would a recruiter not put forward the "preferred candidate" as well as the "strong candidate".
    Simple - because companies often limit the number of candidates an agency can forward. An agency forwards their permitted two candidates and then scorches the earth around by telling candidates that they have already been sent across.

...or because the "strong candidate" wants a rate that doesn't give the margin the recruiter wants (which is of course perfectly fine), but the recruiter doesn't want the candidate getting submitted via another recruiter who will accept the margin.
    Last edited by wonderboy; 7 May 2014, 17:17.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Just use as many pimps as you want to get your next gig.

The only interest they have in you is making money and so you should repay them with same - e.g. the only interest you have in them is them getting you the next roll.

Do not give a flying toot about anything else.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    Why would a recruiter not put forward the "preferred candidate" as well as the "strong candidate".

The ideal candidate is neither preferred, nor strong, but one that bills!
    Better to have 2 good candidates, and get earning, from either, than play silly games, and reduce your chances.

Part of me is glad I don't have to put up with this ill-informed garbage, now that I am contracting.
    All of me wonders what drugs the op is currently on. I always think paranoia is one valid reason for not putting a person forward....

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderboy View Post
    I strongly suspect recruiters will call strong candidates and say they are putting them forward for a role (and then not), just to reduce the competition for their preferred candidate.

The existing recruitment model works mainly in the favour of recruiters and I will be laughing uncontrollably when the sector is disrupted (which it will be).

The ideal candidate is neither preferred, nor strong, but one that bills!
    Better to have 2 good candidates, and get earning, from either, than play silly games, and reduce your chances.

Part of me is glad I don't have to put up with this ill-informed garbage, now that I am contracting.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Of course I do this. But the charade is tedious. I apologise to one and all, I just had to vent.
    Criticising agents is not the "shooting fish in the barrel" exercise it may seem on this site

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    When the agent calls me (and they usually do), I normally get the job.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I have proof they actually do this. When a second agency calls me with the same role, I will tell them another agency claims they put me forward for this role but please feel free to check if they did. .
    But the problem then is that the second agent will bad-mouth you to the client, in the hope that the client will prefer then to hire the second agent's preferred candidate (who is not you).

If I ever find a second agent wants me to put me forward for a role where a first agent has already done so, I always invent a spurious reason as to why I don't want the role, to put the second agent off considering me further for anything.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    And we know that the second agency would never lie.
    Of course they would, but in one case I landed a contract through that second agency, so the first agency who said they forwarded me but didn't screwed themselves.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I have proof they actually do this. When a second agency calls me with the same role, I will tell them another agency claims they put me forward for this role but please feel free to check if they did. In several cases they checked and the end client never received my cv.
    And we know that the second agency would never lie.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    I strongly suspect recruiters will call strong candidates and say they are putting them forward for a role (and then not), just to reduce the competition for their preferred candidate.

The existing recruitment model works mainly in the favour of recruiters and I will be laughing uncontrollably when the sector is disrupted (which it will be).
    I have proof they actually do this. When a second agency calls me with the same role, I will tell them another agency claims they put me forward for this role but please feel free to check if they did. In several cases they checked and the end client never received my cv.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its too late for sorry.
    It's

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Of course I do this. But the charade is tedious. I apologise to one and all, I just had to vent.
    Its too late for sorry.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Why not post this thread on http://forums.recruitersuk.com/ ?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Never apologise.

Leave a comment:

• wonderboy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why would you allow only one agent to represent you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X