• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Affordable healthy diet"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Perhaps if there were financial incentives for not breeding that would dissuade them. We need a sprog tax.
    Except these people typically are on benefits so don't have any money TO tax.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Sure, but when the doctor gives me some cream for my poxed penis he doesn't have everyone else chemically castrated to spare them the same fate should they go sticking it here and there without the necessary due diligence.
    What part of a metaphor don't you understand? You said in a disparaging tone that preventing unhealthy food being sold so cheaply was only treating the symptoms, I reminded you that treating the symptoms is entirely normal procedure, you went on some tangent about your penis which nobody wanted to hear.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Perhaps if there were financial incentives for not breeding that would dissuade them. We need a sprog tax.
    More scum class required to do the drudge work for the rich.

DA

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Or perhaps I'm secretly promoting a stealthily passive form of eugenics/social cleansing. If you can't beat them, convince them to stop breeding!

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Violent tax apologist scum.
    Or perhaps I'm secretly promoting a stealthily passive form of eugenics/social cleansing. If you can't beat them, convince them to stop breeding!

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    What's that got to do with anything? Sponsoring their bastard kids costs the taxpayer more.
    Violent tax apologist scum.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I'm not sure where your objection comes from.
    Trying to raise two kids in London on a decent day rate.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    You clearly don't have any if you think benefits would cover the cost of them and leave you with a profit. They might help you jump the queue for a council house but that's about it.
    I know (unfortunately) several people who don't work, didn't work, and now are better off with 3 kids. It's pretty common - i'm not sure where your objection comes from.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Well I shall be having lamb with a middle eastern flavoured salad, not cheap but not especially expensive at about £7, and I might get two helpings out of that. I could probably afford to eat on my PIP but I'd struggle to pay for parking at the hospital as well.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    When you go to the doctor with an illness do they only treat the cause, or the symptoms too to alleviate your suffering?
    Sure, but when the doctor gives me some cream for my poxed penis he doesn't have everyone else chemically castrated to spare them the same fate should they go sticking it here and there without the necessary due diligence.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    The free contraception is funded by taxation obtained by violence, so is morally tainted.
    What's that got to do with anything? Sponsoring their bastard kids costs the taxpayer more.
    I think there would almost certainly (perhaps about 99.9%!) be charitably funded free contraception anyway. But that's besides the point.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    When people who are skint with bad diets get some money you don't see them head down the delicatessen to get some fresh fruit and veg, they will invariably stuff their faces with high fat, low quality processed tulipe.

The problem is that most folk don't have a fookin' clue what is a healthy diet but as with so many other problems the idea that you can chuck money it and it will go away is pushed as the solution.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    When you go to the doctor with an illness do they only treat the cause, or the symptoms too to alleviate your suffering?
    They don't care unless you have medical cover.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm sure you already know how I'd respond to that, but otherwise...

That's like outlawing selling cough medicine as a loss leader because muppets will start downing that instead proper booze. It doesn't address the cause of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    No one needs it because someone else will look after their kids. Having kids might even turn them a profit.
    You clearly don't have any if you think benefits would cover the cost of them and leave you with a profit. They might help you jump the queue for a council house but that's about it.
    Last edited by doodab; 1 May 2014, 17:48.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X