• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Big Allotment Challenge"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    it's just a way to save money

why pay for many 'talented' professionals when you can just have one and some random nutters from the public you do not need to pay

makes tulip tv but then i think nowadays people just turn on the tv and turn of the brain so it just becomes moving wallpaper

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    There is a dearth of nonsense on TV.
    Mostly no-talent programs, getting members of public to fill the airwaves doing stuff, instead of actual artistic content programs.
    Come Dine With Me, X Factor / Brit Got Talent, Sewing Bee, etc

have to say though MasterChef is slightly better than most.

As if to prove that TV will one day disappear up it's own behind, there is a C4 program called Gogglebox, where you can watch other people watching TV.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    The biggest allotment challenge is actually getting one in the first place. We've been on the waiting list for two years now, and when we added our names to the list we were told to expect at least a five year wait.

We can get a private one, but paying £250 a year doesn't really appeal to me.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Has Monty Don got some masterchef with wood show on channel 4?

I am surprised they have not got Kevin McCloud doing some type of masterchef with bricks show, clearly nobody is building any grand design houses these days so they have got him doing some right nonsense to fill up his contract.
    I liked Grand Designs (and Property Ladder). But yes any idea which starts "let's find a way to use this person" rather than "who would be great for this show" is not good.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You haven't seen DIY SOS?

Or equivalent on Channel 5?

They get whole rooms and houses done for needy people and get the furniture in a day from well-known chain stores.
    Nope, I get enough reality during the week I prefer watching trashy films instead

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    What about "The Big Sofa Challenge", without paying extra they have to try and get a sofa delivered the same day from a chain store
    You haven't seen DIY SOS?

Or equivalent on Channel 5?

They get whole rooms and houses done for needy people and get the furniture in a day from well-known chain stores.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Again, life following fiction after W1A (BBC comedy show) had a plotline about trying to woo Claire Balding away from ITV's "How big is your dog?" to host "Britain's Tastiest Village"

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    "Anyone got any ideas for a new show?"

"I known, let's do masterchef in a garden"

"Brilliant idea! that is the best one since the masterchef with cakes program"

Seriously, are they so creatively hindered in the BBC that this is the best they can come up with?
    Again, life following fiction after W1A (BBC comedy show) had a plotline about trying to woo Claire Balding away from ITV's "How big is your dog?" to host "Britain's Tastiest Village"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He's in this
    I have had a right good whine about that before...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...made-home.html

"Did anyone seriously think a man nailing bits onto his shed would make a series of watchable TV?"

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    What about "The Big Sofa Challenge", without paying extra they have to try and get a sofa delivered the same day from a chain store

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I am surprised they have not got Kevin McCloud doing some type of masterchef with bricks show, clearly nobody is building any grand design houses these days so they have got him doing some right nonsense to fill up his contract.
    He's in this

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Has Monty Don got some masterchef with wood show on channel 4?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Seriously, are they so creatively hindered in the BBC that this is the best they can come up with?
    Well Sewing was already taken, so I guess gardening was all that was left.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    One of the team I've been working with was approached to take part in that as she's an allotment nutter. She declined to enter since "it was too masterchefish".

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    started a topic The Big Allotment Challenge

The Big Allotment Challenge

Working...
X