• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Clifford guilty

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clifford guilty"

Collapse

• barrydidit
    replied
    This is why i'm astounded he went down in the first place. Imagine the tulip he's got up his sleeve...

linky

Max Clifford case: stars fear revenge by shamed publicis

The disclosure will alarm rich and famous figures whose scandals the publicity agent boasted he had covered up.

The 71-year-old, <snip>, is said to be upset that clients have deserted him.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Mind you, he'll have a cushy time inside as they've lined up a small private prison just for him

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Huhne & Pryce was a 'victimless' crime, he will do 4 years unless he contracts some serious medical condition. They won't reduce it on appeal either.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    More women coming forward, so he is likely to do more time than the original sentence.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    After all like with the perjury cases those involved in the criminal justice system have to pretend that the law is not only for "little" people.
    Yes, but once the headlines have gone away - they let them out. Chris Huhne & Vicky Pryce were both quietly released significantly early - way before the halfway point in their sentence.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    He probably knows that the prisons are so bursting at the seams, that they ain't gonna keep a 75 year old locked up for a single day longer than they absolutely need to.

In fact don't be surprised if he's let out earlier than that - even without an appeal
    Every now and then they keep someone rich and well-known in as an example.

After all like with the perjury cases those involved in the criminal justice system have to pretend that the law is not only for "little" people.

Edited to say: He will get let out earlier but not as early as if he admits it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    lots of pundits on LBC putting the boot in. Mellor had a good point, Clifford was a Sadist and really enjoyed screwing people over.

I think the Sentence reflects his 'comeuppance' in the mind of the Judge from her words.

Also they are trying to cast doubt on the previous accused as many were supported by Clifford. I suspect we will see more people going back to court now they have got first blood.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Given this is a man who was trumpeted as being the best at managing the message - it's amazing how failed so spectacularly to do so with the judge.

Clifford's Sky Antics 'Show Lack Of Remorse'

Judge Anthony Leonard said: "I have discovered that you appeared behind a reporter outside this court whilst he was making his report of your evidence and during which you mimicked his actions in a way that was designed to trivialise these events.

"I find your behaviour to be quite extraordinary and a further indication that you show no remorse."

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Although the convictions were of the past, it's amazing he operated throughout his career as the 'good' PR guy.
    It looks like not all publicity is good publicity.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He obviously doesn't realise that if you don't admit you have done your crimes after you have been convicted it delays you when you ask for parole.
    He probably knows that the prisons are so bursting at the seams, that they ain't gonna keep a 75 year old locked up for a single day longer than they absolutely need to.

In fact don't be surprised if he's let out earlier than that - even without an appeal

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Quoting the times:

He really is beyond contempt! What about the 'dark cloud' his victims have been living under their entire lives?

He obviously doesn't realise that if you don't admit you have done your crimes after you have been convicted it delays you when you ask for parole.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Quoting the times:

He went on: “I just have to make the best of what the court gives me. It is the same as I have felt since it started 17 months ago, it is like living under a dark cloud.

“It is the same for my family... for my daughter and everyone close to me.”

Clifford, who was treated for prostate cancer, added: “As I did when I had cancer a few years ago, you have to make the best of it you can.”

He really is beyond contempt! What about the 'dark cloud' his victims have been living under their entire lives?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Although the convictions were of the past, it's amazing he operated throughout his career as the 'good' PR guy.
    People were terrified of him like Savile.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    However Stuart Hall pleaded guilty, Max didn't. However I had got the maximum sentences wrong. The actual ones are

so probably 9-12 months in jail...
    Well I was wrong. Clearly the cases were post 1985 as he's gone down for 8 years.

Clifford should serve his eight sentences of between six and 24 months consecutively. He must have really upset the judges for them to do that..
    Last edited by eek; 2 May 2014, 13:44.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X