• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is your oddest coincidence?"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    In the mid-Eighties there was a woman living in Leicester who was a dead ringer for my old University friend Vicky. I and many other people spoke to her on the street or in pubs thinking she was Vicky, and I shared a house with Vicky for two years so it's not as if I didn't know what she looked like.

A couple of years after the last of these sightings, Vicky went on holiday to Thailand. On her first evening there, some people came up to her in a bar and greeted her by another name. It turned out the Vickyalike woman had moved from Leicester to Thailand, and was a regular customer at that bar

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    I ejected a CD mid track and the same song continued on the radio, didn't even realize for a few seconds.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The other day I was thinking about having a threesome with a couple of cracking birds and the next day it happened.

Then I woke up.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    When I was working in Luton recently I was knocking off some married bird who's husband was a contractor working in Jersey.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    I lived in Manchester back in the 1980's and had a few romantic relationships, including one with Wendy, who had not also slept with Mick Hucknell.

Now that was just plain wierd.
    So, just to be clear, does that mean YOU slept with Mick Hucknall?

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    I lived in Manchester back in the 1980's and had a few romantic relationships, including one with Wendy, who had not also slept with Mick Hucknell.

Now that was just plain wierd.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Oooh I have another one!

A girl I worked with was on a boating holiday in Italy or somewhere. Her and her husband made friends with another boating couple who bizarrely included the vicar who married Mrs MUN and me!

Leave a comment:

• WotNxt
    replied
    A few years ago when I lived in Yorkshire my window cleaner's other half had been on a course with my sister who lived in Hampshire.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I moved from a small welsh village to portsmouth. As I was leaving my flat the first full day I was there I got stopped and asked directions by a old welsh couple ... who's granddaughter was in my class at school.

Also, recently a new teaching assistant joined my wife's school in Hampshire. She is the daughter of my old science teacher from the same tiny welsh village mentioned above.

Coincidentally my brother is the border control guard who should have denied them entry into England.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I moved from a small welsh village to portsmouth. As I was leaving my flat the first full day I was there I got stopped and asked directions by a old welsh couple ... who's granddaughter was in my class at school.

Also, recently a new teaching assistant joined my wife's school in Hampshire. She is the daughter of my old science teacher from the same tiny welsh village mentioned above.
    I think this says more about Wales than anything else...

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Strange coincidences?

I've had lots when travelling. They stopped when I threw away my copy of 'the lonely planet'.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I had a massive row with my missus and said something along the lines of 'i hope i ******* die so you see how good you've had it'. The next day i went into hospital and 2 weeks or so later i was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
    Have you tried tell her something along the lines of 'I hope I ******* live for another 50 years so you see how bad you have it'?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

The news regarding the ex-GF's daughter was rather distressing unfortunately.
    She had scales & a dislike for diamonds?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I had a massive row with my missus and said something along the lines of 'i hope i ******* die so you see how good you've had it'. The next day i went into hospital and 2 weeks or so later i was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X