• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jock gate

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jock gate"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Is that a euphemism? never heard NLYUK use that??
    Always season before you spit roast.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    seasoned traveller
    Is that a euphemism? never heard NLYUK use that??

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I didn't realise the Sofitel rented rooms by the hour. I hope you've been giving NLadyUK her cut.
    Were you a seasoned traveller you'd know different.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Looks like the expenses scandal is kicking off again
    All sounds like a pathetically transparent "official" attempt to smear Alex Salmond, which if I was Scottish and even slightly sympathetic with his aims might well push me off the fence onto his side.

Don't the Daily Mail and suchlike realise that people are more savvy about crude propaganda like this these days, and that there's a big risk of it backfiring?!

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    If I'm in London these days I'll stay at the Sofitel if only for a one-nighter. The client will always pay.
    I didn't realise the Sofitel rented rooms by the hour. I hope you've been giving NLadyUK her cut.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Nice find

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    If I'm in London these days I'll stay at the Sofitel if only for a one-nighter. The client will always pay.
    Scooterscot - Member Reviews - TripAdvisor

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Wasn't he watching the golf as part of some scottish tourism promotion mission?

Seems like a reasonable hotel to me.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    If The client will decide whether they want to pay because I provide value.
    FTFY

that is the point, our Political masters assume we will pay regardless. On the face of it he was there for the golf, he may of shaken a few hands. This is probably why he tried to hide it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    he was watching the golf?
    Yep, that does make me wonder. But was there some official business going on there?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'm not a Salmond fan but I have to agree; it´s really only five star hotels that can provide the right level of security and have the facilities for holding meetings in rooms. I don't think there's really much to see here either.
    he was watching the golf?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    He is the head of a government, do you think Cameron stays at Holiday Inn when he is abroad? Nothing to see here.
    I'm not a Salmond fan but I have to agree; it´s really only five star hotels that can provide the right level of security and have the facilities for holding meetings in rooms. I don't think there's really much to see here either.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    This is the way to do it!

Roman Abramovich 'books all 111 rooms of Israeli Beresheet Hotel for Passover' | Mail Online

Billionaire Roman Abramovich 'books all 111 rooms of luxury Israeli hotel for Passover holiday'
    Roman Abramovich will reportedly host family and friends at the hotel between Sunday and Thursday next week for the Jewish holiday
    Booking all 111 rooms supposedly cost $450,000
    The banquet will take place in a specially constructed tent in the desert
    There you go Alex go Russian.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    According to the article they don't know that he was in this room, but one of a number that are of the same standard.
    Clutching at straws.

The campaign is lost for sure now. Forget about MP's fraudulently claiming £50k. This barsteward is really taking the sloshy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X