• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Easiest Way to Spoof my IP Address?"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    For web browsing, you could use a web proxy like HideMyAss.

It won't protect you if you are doing anything really naughty, though, as it's an American company, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Oh, you're one of those users. Sorry, didn't realise.
    Ja, I need to get on with work not play with settings.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I use tunnelBlink, it's a fantastic VPN client.

In mac there's no such thing as having to change settings. It just works.
    Oh, you're one of those users. Sorry, didn't realise.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    thanks everyone

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Tor can be slow and unreliable, though and has proven issues with the anonymity its meant to provide. And if you can't suss out an average off the shelf VPN then you're over your head with this stuff IMHO. Since when was changing Windows NIC settings a 'nightmare'?
    I use tunnelBlink, it's a fantastic VPN client.

In mac there's no such thing as having to change settings. It just works.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    You're answering a different question. I don't think Tor requires setting up an account or to have you fiddle around with you network settings like all windows users know, is a nightmare.
    Tor can be slow and unreliable, though and has proven issues with the anonymity its meant to provide. And if you can't suss out an average off the shelf VPN then you're over your head with this stuff IMHO. Since when was changing Windows NIC settings a 'nightmare'?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Don't you mean "simple way to hide my IP address" ?

I thought spoofing is to pretend you're on a given IP address that you want to impersonate. Not quite the same.
    Yeah, he's looking for a VPN service or equivalent. As you say, spoofing an IP address is a whole different ballgame.

OP, this needs context to answer sensibly. Tor if you're trying to avoid being traced, VPN to get around geolocation or something simple liked unblock.us for Netflix and others.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Oh, and whatcha hackin into haxx0r?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Just want a simple way to spoof my IP address from my home PC. So that sites I use cannot log my correct IP address?

What is the easiest way?

Cheers
    Don't you mean "simple way to hide my IP address" ?

I thought spoofing is to pretend you're on a given IP address that you want to impersonate. Not quite the same.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Who uses this other than a UK citizen?

5,940,000,000 down, 60,000,000 to go

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    nope easiest way would be a vpn. Tor will merely make yourself interesting to others...
    You're answering a different question. I don't think Tor requires setting up an account or to have you fiddle around with you network settings like all windows users know, is a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Expatshield?

Leave a comment:

• rich2476
    replied
    Tor is pretty good and you can specify your exit node so you can config the country you want to appear being in.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    nope easiest way would be a vpn. Tor will merely make yourself interesting to others...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    That would be Tor Browser.

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

Leave a comment:

Working...
X