• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ever talked about your kids deliberately to gain sympathy over childless colleagues?"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Right, who owns this one?
    Got to be AussieSchlong

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    No doubt he blows a monkey every week
    I don't think so, I just think the other bloke is hairy

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    He does a pony some weekends.
    feeding the pony?

Leave a comment:

• Gym beast
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I assume you mean millions.

I hope you're a sockie. But I guess either way you're a bit of a twat

I'm glad you said that.

Rather, I'm glad YOU said that. Reassuring.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    He does a pony some weekends.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    :But I guess either way you're a bit of a twat
    Which bit?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
    To be honest mate, though out of principle I shouldn't agree with you getting preference, I sort of do at heart. I tuck away close to three bigguns every month, and still have plenty left for to take my brother and his family out, taxi his wife and kids home, then Sambuca shots more weekends than not. Those nephews/nieces I love but I know what a burden they are. But even if I were married/kids I'd STILL go contracting if possible.

And no, I'm PROUD of being single. I'm proud of still being able to pass as 20-something on a good day. I'm NEVER hiding my footloose badge of honour.

I hope you're a sockie. But I guess either way you're a bit of a twat

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    **** off, we don't want him!
    Bridgwater it is, then.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
    Would be interesting to see what the Dad's on here think about using family as a bargaining chip for sympathy .
    I'm not a dad but I made up that I had a son to meet women, I called him Jake. I even went as far as going to a single parent meeting. How sad eh.

Anyway, I eventually pseudo adopted this child from a nutter women who tried to commit suicide, he kept coming round to my flat. I was always in because I live off the royalties to my late Dad's Xmas song.

I met this lovely women, she's in TV but because I do nothing she found me vacant anyway I said that Jake my son was taking up my free time, we bonded as she had a child.

Anyway to cut to the chase I ended up playing Guitar at "jakes" talent thing and this women fell in love with me and everyone moved into my small flat and took the mickey out of my old fashioned trainers. How we laughed.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I thought perhaps tucking away a biggun was something AusslieLong would know about.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    "I tuck away close to three bigguns every month"

Is that code?
    I tuck away a biggun in my trousers....

(brings more meaning to the phrase - willy waver)

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    An interesting thought – I have experienced the reverse: during interviews I get it in to the conversation that I have no kids & no plans to have any.

Give it another 10 years & I won’t have to worry any more

Companies seem to hold to the view that a woman will always disappear to have kids & maternity pay / leave is a (unmentioned) consideration.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Can't say it's something major I've noticed in the workplace. Some people take the piss, but some people always do - I see no correlation with family or not.

I suspect many of your workplace issues stem from the fact nobody likes you.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You guys are so lucky if he hasn't.

Can't we send him up North to you? Like to the Orkney Islands - one of the uninhabited ones.
    **** off, we don't want him!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X