• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IR35 is dead

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 is dead"

Collapse

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    They think so over on the PCG forums. If you are a member, it is discussed in this PCG thread.

The Paymaster General is unable to deny that it is costing the government money, and it seems that HMRC are quietly dropping it and laying off IR35 tax inspectors.

The mood in the PCG is one of "let sleeping dogs lie".

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    With the reluctance of brittany banks, in offering my ltd co a busy account, due to credit rating. I am just wondering if agencies will agree to pay to a foreign bank. Bad idea or good idea?

Leave a comment:

• TheScarletPimp
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    He's disappeared off the thread today after lurking on it since Friday, the sad bastard. Probably off to count his stamps, or for a little light bank-holiday train-spotting or a spot of cottaging down Hampstead Heath.
    I know you'd love it to be true big boy but even if it were so I'd turn my nose up at your lardy, spotty arse and micropenis. Most people have standards you know, even if you don't

Oh, and I bet you're actually a VB/Access programmer. Or would that actually be a promotion? I dunno but the self-delusion is definitely palpable.

TSP

P.S. When you type sasguru into Google it helpfully asks "Did you mean sadguru?" Indeed I did! What a sad, deluded twat you are!
    Last edited by TheScarletPimp; 29 August 2006, 01:28.

Leave a comment:

• TheScarletPimp
    replied
    The poor feckwit TSP obviously has no life. In real life, he's obviously one of those tedious dull obsessive-compulsive bores whom everyone avoids in parties, in case he talks about his stamp collection.
    Oh, and his mum is on the game.
    Ha, sasguru, too bad you thought you'd got rid of me. I wasn't planning on sticking around but you had to have the last word didn't you?

Christ, that's one ****ed up Oedipus Complex you've got there boy. You have fantasies about other people's mothers. Yours sure must've been one ugly bitch.

TSP
    Last edited by TheScarletPimp; 29 August 2006, 01:27.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj
    You know, that's exactly what I thought to...
    But without the added sarcasm.

Quite a measured response to some of the more juvenile arguments that were being thrown around over the week-end.
    too

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    A particularly fine advert for the PCG, I thought...
    Yes, if I was an anal-retentive, obsessive-compulsive, humourless Billy No-Mates with no life to speak of, I would definitely join.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj

Quite a measured response to some of the more juvenile arguments that were being thrown around over the week-end.
    Who you calling juvenile? Do I look bovvered? You disrespectin' me, eh? Do I look Bovvered? Your mum ....

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    A particularly fine advert for the PCG

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    He's a bit like me then.

Obsessive compulsive rather than my mum being on the game...

And people have been known to die rather than talk to me at parties.
    He's disappeared off the thread today after lurking on it since Friday, the sad bastard. Probably off to count his stamps, or for a little light bank-holiday train-spotting or a spot of cottaging down Hampstead Heath.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    This spat really is too good to lose - and there was me worried about the PCG! Doh!

I wouldn't put up with this LG - say something rude about his mum...
    The poor feckwit TSP obviously has no life. In real life, he's obviously one of those tedious dull obsessive-compulsive bores whom everyone avoids in parties, in case he talks about his stamp collection.
    Oh, and his mum is on the game.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    This spat really is too good to lose - and there was me worried about the PCG! Doh!

I wouldn't put up with this LG - say something rude about his mum...

Leave a comment:

• TheScarletPimp
    replied
    Ah well, ok, as I'm still suffering from insomnia at the moment I don't have much better to do than to explain to you one last time why your illogical rants are so illogical and really serve no useful purpose other than to clutter up this bulletin board. Not that I care, incidentally, I just logged in to put you in your place but I never imagined it would take so long.

Incidentally, I hope that you are not in IT because I'd hate to be relying on software written by you given your shakey grasp of logic.

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    You asked me to either join the PCG and change it from the inside or shut up.
    Correct, I did say that but, sadly, you don't appear to have taken the advice or got the hint. I know realise, and acknowledge, that it was pointless to make the suggestions in the first place.

Did you actualy read my post that said I WAS a member but got so fed up of them not doing it right that I left? They were doing nothing for me. They had
    I'm afraid I did. All of them. It's possibly the only logical part of your argument in this rather sorry saga. You're a little bitter and twisted about the PCG for some reason. I'm not particularly interested in why but at least it's logical that you attack the PCG because you were unhappy with it as an organisation. Utterly pointless, but understandable.

an almighty row with others based on others offering a service that competed with their own so they sacked the others to remove the competiton.
    That is completely and utterly factually incorrect. I don't know which details are public domain and which aren't, suffice to say, however, noone was sacked for being in competition with the PCG.

Do you not understand my point that "All PCGers are contractors but not all contractors are PCGers?" The PCG is NOT the voice of contractors, it is the voice of its members and as far as I am concerned has no right to sit at the table with Govt.
    I made my point perfectly clearly too, so I believe. The PCG *is* representative of contractors in the UK by virtue of the number of members it has and, funnily enough, the fact that they are contractors. It is the largest, in fact only as far as I know, organisation in the country utterly dedicated to freelance consultants, operating as either self-employed or limited companies. It is therefore, as such, 100% entitled to lobby government as *the* voice of contracting in the UK, i.e. because it's the only one. Doh! To say that it isn't is illogical, foolhardy and just plain wrong.

This is the way lobbying works. Interest groups form and lobby government to change and/or influence in some way its decisions where it affects the members of that interest group. If you don't like the way the PCG's specific lobbying works what you have to do is set up your own lobbying group, get 12,000+ members and thereby have more influence than it with government. Otherwise, you're wasting your breath, and a lot of people's time, posting pointless bollocks about how the PCG has no right to do this or that or the other when it patently does. Somehow, I suspect, you will remain, resolutely, a group of, erm, one.

Do you understand my point? I'm quite happy to admit that I don't understand why you don't think that the PCG is entitled to act as the voice for contracting in the UK. That's because a blind man, running for his life, could see that. It is yet another non-sequitur among many from you but probably the biggest and least explicable.

Hell the BNP have as much claim to represent the British in the EU as the PCG have the right to represent "contractors" to Parliament.
    Is the BNP a lobbying group? No. Is it 10% of the voting population? No. Another non sequitur from you.

You are so smug about being a member of the PCG that no enquiry can touch you. Do you not understand that it has **** all to do with being in the PCG. If your contract is outside IR35 then it is outside IR35. If it is inside it does not matter how good the PCG is you are inside. Shout99 offers as good a protection deal.
    I didn't say that I was a member of the PCG. I may or may not be. It's irrelevant. I posted here because of your dreadfully poor attempts to justify your illogical arguments with regard to the PCG. I would be offended by your logic whether or not I was a member of that organisation. As far as you're concerned I am an enthusiastic amateur troll, no more, no less.

Oh, and by the way, next to you, Benny from Crossroads could afford to look smug.

You so do not have a clue who you are dealing with here.
    I have to say that I'm thankful to know so relatively little about you. My sympathies to those with a need to know more.

Now back to the original point.
    You mean there was one?

The PCG started as a group of contractors opposed to IR35. I should know I was one of them. If you look closely you will find me on the PCG "gone abroad survey" way back when.
    I'll just take your word for it.

IF there is a reason to attack IR35 as dead in the water then the PCG owes it to those of us who started this to try and kill it and if the IR is backing down on investigations then the PCG should be making political noises to do exactly that.
    Why, if the PCG doesn't represent all contractors according to your logic? Why should it give a stuff about your opinion, or some rumour based on a private discussion, posted in a private forum and improperly released to the public?

Even if it were true, the PCG would be ill-advised to rub the government's nose in it, don't you think? Yet another non-sequitur from you.

IF it is only a rumour then the PCG should be pointing out that it is only a rumour.
    Erm, I think quite a few members on this board stated that it was just a rumour. You've clearly not been paying attention.

BTW. I have set mt bloodhounds on the trail.
    Huh? Trying to find your arse after the two-handed approach failed were you?

For the record. My IR35 chase (should you care to believe me) consists of letters and emails to G. Brown, The Minister for small businesses and my local MP. I lobby on a 4 monthly basis.
    Why am I not surprised? You've already demonstrated your inability to give up a losing battle here. It became obvious that writing letters to MPs was a waste of time some 5+ years ago.

Up to the last year IR35 had no effect on me as I was resident abroad for the last 8 years.
    If I'd been abroad for the last 8 years I'd have had better things to do than lobby against a tax law that didn't affect me. But then, I do have a life.

I have done what I have done because I believe IR35 is wrong, not because it touches me. The PCg had the same claim but they do not anymore.

Now where do you stand and what is your record?
    Bully for you. Very public spirited, I'm sure. Why then, do you go and spoil it by whining about the very organisation that has, to all intents and purposes, single-handedly defeated the legislation by fighting it all the way down the line? Not only that, but you claim that it had no right to do so. Unless, of course, in your demonstrably poor logic, you believe that IR35 would be in the tatters it is without the PCG?

Either way, hopefully you will finally see the error of your ways having had it spelt out to you, in detail, several times now. I think everyone else on the thread finally got the picture and far ahead of you. I have a nasty feeling that you won't.

For the record, I think you should go for my option (2) from now on, i.e. STFU. Sorry to be so blunt, but I think you've embarrassed yourself enough.

TSP
    Last edited by TheScarletPimp; 28 August 2006, 02:02.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheScarletPimp
    You've only yourself to blame. I only came here to counter the bollocks you were posting.

Stick to polishing your pistol on your lonesome (I'll bet it's very shiny, shiny) and leave the debate to people who've got a clue what they're talking about. There's a good boy.

Nursey will be along with your medication shortly.

TSP
    You are so original, Nurse, medication, ho ho ho, pissing myself.
    I think my record is quite clear on how much "pistol polishing I do" right guys?
    I do hope you are not including yourself in the list of people who have a clue.
    You and the other PCGers (Malv not withstanding) have proven yourselves incapable of understanding let alone holding an argumenet.
    You have all so not made one single point.
    "We don't suffer fools" etc. and with every single post shown how foolish you are.

You asked me to either join the PCG and change it from the inside or shut up.
    Did you actualy read my post that said I WAS a member but got so fed up of them not doing it right that I left? They were doing nothing for me. They had an almighty row with others based on others offering a service that competed with their own so they sacked the others to remove the competiton.
    Do you not understand my point that "All PCGers are contractors but not all contractors are PCGers?" The PCG is NOT the voice of contractors, it is the voice of its members and as far as I am concerned has no right to sit at the table with Govt. Hell the BNP have as much claim to represent the British in the EU as the PCG have the right to represent "contractors" to Parliament.
    You are so smug about being a member of the PCG that no enquiry can touch you. Do you not understand that it has **** all to do with being in the PCG. If your contract is outside IR35 then it is outside IR35. If it is inside it does not matter how good the PCG is you are inside. Shout99 offers as good a protection deal.

You so do not have a clue who you are dealing with here.

Now back to the original point.
    The PCG started as a group of contractors opposed to IR35. I should know I was one of them. If you look closely you will find me on the PCG "gone abroad survey" way back when.
    IF there is a reason to attack IR35 as dead in the water then the PCG owes it to those of us who started this to try and kill it and if the IR is backing down on investigations then the PCG should be making political noises to do exactly that.
    IF it is only a rumour then the PCG should be pointing out that it is only a rumour.

BTW. I have set mt bloodhounds on the trail.
    For the record. My IR35 chase (should you care to believe me) consists of letters and emails to G. Brown, The Minister for small businesses and my local MP. I lobby on a 4 monthly basis.
    Up to the last year IR35 had no effect on me as I was resident abroad for the last 8 years.
    I have done what I have done because I believe IR35 is wrong, not because it touches me. The PCg had the same claim but they do not anymore.

Now where do you stand and what is your record?

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour ?

Leave a comment:

• TheScarletPimp
    replied
    You still here? You going to spend the entire weekend on this thread?
    What a saddo.
    He, he, you're a class act. You're definitely a guru at putting your foot in it that's for sure. It's a wonder they let you out on your own. Your carers should be more careful about leaving the computer logged in like that.

TSP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X