• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 is dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 is dead

They think so over on the PCG forums. If you are a member, it is discussed in this PCG thread.

The Paymaster General is unable to deny that it is costing the government money, and it seems that HMRC are quietly dropping it and laying off IR35 tax inspectors.

The mood in the PCG is one of "let sleeping dogs lie".
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 7 October 2011, 12:47.

Any links outside the PCG forums?

If it is dead in the water (which may well be true) I would rather they changed the law than just left it alone. It will always be a threat if it still on the statute books. One day when our guard is down........
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      They think so over on the PCG forums. If you are a member, it is discussed in this PCG thread.

The Paymaster General is unable to deny that it is costing the government money, and it seems that HMRC are quietly dropping it and laying off IR35 tax inspectors.

The mood in the PCG is one of "let sleeping dogs lie".

Cant get in from here. Anychance of a C+P of the main article if there is one?

Comment

Not allowed. Anything in the PCG fora is members only - them's the rules.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I think it would be better that they have legislation in place (ie. the government can say that have addressed the issue) and not do anything about it (ie. save them and us time and money), than to simply drop the legislation only for it to be the subject of another 'new government initiative' at some time in the future.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

They (Brown & Co) won't drop IR35 legislation, even if it will be effectively not used (en masse).

Comment

Basically what Wendigo has said - it's certainly not official but considering the expense incurred by the HMRC in pursuing individual cases and the state of the economy, it would seem that Ladbrokes have increased the odds for losing an audit.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse
                Not allowed. Anything in the PCG fora is members only - them's the rules.
                Rubbish. They can't connect my PCG login to my login here, so here you are kids:-

*message deleted *

We've been asked to remove a section of this post copied from the PCG forum as it breaches their forum T&Cs.

Thanks
                CUK
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 24 August 2006, 14:38.
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

IR35. Can someone run it by me? What is this "IR35" thing you speak of?

Comment

Quite right. They're losing billions on VAT fraud. Or rather they are losing billions for us taxpayers.
                    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                    X