• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Its not my fault I have the fat gene!"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Well thats two of your five a day right there, chuck in some onion rings and you're almost done.
    three - the twix is two in one.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Na, straight up with chips.
    Well thats two of your five a day right there, chuck in some onion rings and you're almost done.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Deep fried?
    Na, straight up with chips.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Deep fried?
    he isn't that far north!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I just had an extra large twix.
    Deep fried?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I just had an extra large twix.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Even within our own country, you'll find more gingers in Scotland.
    And probably more fat folk as well. Though I think the midlands is the real flubbadubba hotspot.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Funny how Britain seems to have that gene in abundance but close neighbours like the French seem to have escaped it altogether, eh?
    Considering how there are clearly different genes between us and other European nations (Swedish blonds, Finnish lactose intolerance) not that big a leap. Even within our own country, you'll find more gingers in Scotland.

Isn't the whole "Gallic look" a genetic thing?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    FTFY
    Ah bless its my stalker

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    I don't think I've ever insulted you.
    I may have acted like a self-important, arrogant, patronising twunt in just about every post I have ever made.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    well when you start using logic not insults I'm sure I can benefit from your example.
    I don't think I've ever insulted you.
    I may have pointed out your cognitive deficits now and then.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Wow you're learning.
    Does that mean you're going to give up Daily Mail opinionated twaddle or is that too much too ask?
    well when you start using logic not insults I'm sure I can benefit from your example.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Not necessarily. Bipedalism is genetic but fairly commonplace everywhere.
    so is red hair but there is more in the UK than many other EU countries because the breeding stock originally consisted mainly of celts.

Maps of Europe by language, religion, population density, hair & eye color, etc. - Europe Guide - Eupedia

similar with fair hair and rampant vikings.

Maps of Europe by language, religion, population density, hair & eye color, etc. - Europe Guide - Eupedia

try this

this isn't to suggest the discovered gene is linked to hair colour just that certain genes and ethnicities vary across europe so extrapolating genetic behaviour across Europe isn't easy.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Hardly escaped it altogether they have both doubled since 1990 its just France started from a lower level. Oh look statistics instead of opinionated twaddle.

Overweight and obesity - BMI statistics - Statistics Explained

OECD iLibrary: Statistics / Health at a Glance: Europe / 2012 / Overweight and obesity among adults

But the traditional French eating habits are significantly different in my experience they cook more from fresh and eat at a slower pace. Maybe its a combination of factors such as this gene, more processed foods etc.

oh and it being genetic would suggest countries with different breeding stock would have different rates - DOH.
    Wow you're learning.
    Does that mean you're going to give up Daily Mail opinionated twaddle or is that too much too ask?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    oh and it being genetic would suggest countries with different breeding stock would have different rates - DOH.
    Not necessarily. Bipedalism is genetic but fairly commonplace everywhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X