• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who benefits from mongwits?"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I know it's mathematically impossible but sometimes I could swear the average IQ was below average.

What you are probably referring to is that the mean or mode IQ is below average
    which is possible
    you mongwit

Leave a comment:

• Gold Dalek
    replied
    As i'm not in favour of discrimination, i'd exterminate everyone. luckily I won't need to as WW3 is happening next week.
    With you on that one bro!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The most bloodthirsty dictators of this past century have not been well known for their adherence to principles or ideals, even though they kill in their name
    One could hardly say Torquemada, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot, Hitler, Al Quaida etc were/are without principles and ideals. Just awful ones. All humans are equally crappy but the advantage of good old fashioned self-serving dictators is that, when they and their heirs are gone, that's it. We are not stuck with millions carrying on trying to enforce their principles.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    The institution which educates them.
    Ah, you mean mongwits provide Zeity with an income?

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Many animals don't have high IQ but seem to thrive. Intelligence on its own is no asset without an ability to grasp reality. Ideals that are unworkable or don't fit with human nature do the world no good at all.

If I was going to exterminate any groups it would be the idealists and the fundamentalists.
    Well to be fair, isn't it usually the pragmatic, no principle sorts who are the worst? The most bloodthirsty dictators of this past century have not been well known for their adherence to principles or ideals, even though they kill in their name. Psychopaths in general aren't characterised by a predilection for principles. At worst, idealists can serve as useful idiots to them.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    As i'm not in favour of discrimination, i'd exterminate everyone. luckily I won't need to as WW3 is happening next week.
    month

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Many animals don't have high IQ but seem to thrive. Intelligence on its own is no asset without an ability to grasp reality. Ideals that are unworkable or don't fit with human nature do the world no good at all.

If I was going to exterminate any groups it would be the idealists and the fundamentalists.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    We've been allowing them to flourish unimpeded for years. I think it's time we asked ourselves, who really benefits from having loads of stupid people around?
    A modern society based on consumerism and cheap credit not only tolerates, but fosters stupidity.

Some are so thick that they call everybody else "cretins".

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Seriously, watch Idiocracy....if you can get past the first 5 minutes

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If the present World population suddenly acquired an IQ of at least 115 as some childishly naive people round here seem to think would be a good idea, there would soon be fighting in the streets and the ICBMs would all be airborne in a matter of months.
    So you think it's clever people and not the queen, the CIA or the bankers who are responsible for Suity hiding under the stairs the situation in Ukraine then?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I find your post offensive as I suffer from all 3.
    Sounds like you need some better looking, able bodied, healthy friends.

No point hanging around here

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That's rather an offensive label.
    You might as well ask who benefits from ugly people. Or physically disabled people. Or sick people...
    I find your post offensive as I suffer from all 3.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    We've been allowing them to flourish unimpeded for years. I think it's time we asked ourselves, who really benefits from having loads of stupid people around? ...
    Everyone benefits, because on the whole they're less opinionated, conceited, and quarrelsome than most clever people, and more content with the status quo (as long as that is acceptable and doesn't change too much for the worse).

If the present World population suddenly acquired an IQ of at least 115 as some childishly naive people round here seem to think would be a good idea, there would soon be fighting in the streets and the ICBMs would all be airborne in a matter of months.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That's rather an offensive label.
    You might as well ask who benefits from ugly people. Or physically disabled people. Or sick people...
    Or horrible people like me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X